•26•

Y/n's POV

I opened his phone without any difficulty. The first thing on his wallpaper was my photograph, which he surely took in secret during our wedding. It reminded me of everything that happened that day.

Surely, it was special that finally we were able to embrace each other after all odds. Anyway, I went to look for his gallery.

To my surprise, it was full of my pictures. I seriously need to keep an eye on him from now onwards.

Anyway, as I scrolled down, there were images of mom and dad; he has always been a nice photographer. Then I saw an image of a boy almost in his early twenties. It was a family photo, with mom and dad sitting on a small couch while Jaemin and this boy crouched down in front.

I concluded that it must be his late brother, Taeyong. I never could meet him, but listening from mom about him, she told me he was extremely handsome, and it was true as I was looking at his pic.

He must have been really lovely for Jaemin to miss him so much to this date.
A sigh escaped my mouth as I thought about the people I have lost, as everyone has someone whom they loved and who is no longer there for them.

God surely wants to keep all good people to himself. With that, my mind replayed all my memories with Renjun.

No matter how much I tried to push them away, consoling myself that now I have Jaemin and a beautiful family, they still hurt like a wound from the past.

He must be happy up there in heaven is all that I can pray for. In the end, we were just not meant to be.

Just then, Jaemin came out of his study. I looked at him and realized how beautiful my present is compared to the past.

Even though it gave me wounds, my present was ready to risk it all just to see me smile.

Thinking of him as my present made me smile lightly, and a tear fell from my eye.

Seeing me, he came running towards me and checked me all over.

He cupped my face before asking,

"What? Are you alright?"
Worry was written all over his face.

A little laugh left my mouth, but tears of happiness also came running down.

I pulled him into a hug and was crying in his embrace. He was puzzled but still tried to comfort me.

When I was able to calm myself down, I looked up at him. He was still gazing at me with concern in his eyes, at the same time waiting for me to explain.

But looking into his eyes made me fall for him all over again, so I pulled him in for a kiss by grabbing his collar.

"I love you,"
I whispered in between the kiss.

He felt a little relieved hearing that.

"Don't leave me alone ever again, okay?"

I said after pulling back, while I was looking down with my head resting on his chest.

His eyes never left me, while he was completely confused.

"I would never, okay?"
With that, he held my head up by grabbing my chin.

I nodded, and he pulled me into another hug, patting my back to comfort me.

I rested my head on his chest, and the next thing I knew, I woke up in my bed the next morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaemin's POV

My heart broke looking at her like that, but somehow I managed to comfort her.

She fell sound asleep in my embrace.
I picked her up in a bridal style and made my way to our bedroom.

I admired her beauty while she was asleep. Her brown hair falling gracefully on her face and her lips pouting a bit made me smile.

"Good night, love."

I went to sleep after placing a gentle kiss on her cheek.

Time skip to next month.

Today we are finally leaving for LA. I was doing my pack up in the office and checking things for the last time.
I got a call from Y/n.

"Hi dear, I will be there in 5 minutes."

She said as she was already in the car to pick me up.

"Don't worry, I am all done here."

I said and hung up.

After a few minutes, she arrived and I hopped in the car to leave for the airport.
We arrived there on time, while I called Mark and Chenle to hurry up.

Haechan and Sana will come a few days later due to their wedding. We were just sitting in the waiting area.

I was busy on my phone, while she snatched it from me.

"This is becoming a habit, isn't it?"

I said in a low voice as I successfully caught her this time and got it back.

"Why! I am getting bored here and you just don't have time away from your phone,"
she whined like a child.

"You can use yours too, and I was doing some important work. You need to stop doing this, okay?"

I ordered in a stern voice. She just pouted at me, and it took everything in me to not melt this time.

Anyways, mom and dad arrived before them. Mom, as always, went to hug her first, then I was next.

"I hope you guys will be fine. But anyways, I don't have to worry too much as Mr. Park will be coming after a few weeks,"
she said with a smile.

Dad just nodded, and we went on to chat for a bit. Just then an announcement was made for our flight to depart next.

I called Mark but then spotted him running towards us with Chenle.

"You guys can never be on time, right?"
I nagged, while they were catching their breaths.

"No, we already did all the formalities, that's why. We can just straight away go for the plane."
Chenle informed.

"Alright then. Let's go,"

I said, and for one last time, I bowed to mom and dad as we bid our goodbyes.

Time skip on the plane.

She was sound asleep while I wasn't able to. I crossed my arms behind my head and looked to the side, observing her sleeping figure. Meeting her wasn't only fate or just a mere coincidence. There was a reason behind it or rather someone.