Together we find our Destiny

Mei wasn't very clever when it came to books. Life, however, that she knew about. She is impatient with it, actually.

One only ever lived once, never lingering for a moment, never allowing a second chance. She was out of highschool now, which had only spurred on this realization: if you wanted something, go get it.

So, perhaps if people knew this about her, they might understand why she had no patience- both for time and for people.

She had been impatient when it came to her high school graduation. She had been impatient when it came to her own training. Impatient to help her friend locate his other half- which surprisingly resolved itself. She had even been impatient in her Uncle's ramblings. She could recall a time, back when she first began high school, where her Uncle had tried to instruct her on the ways of the world.

"Patience is a virtue, Mei ," her Uncle Ao Lie would say, his voice a gentle rasp. " The flower that blooms too quickly wilts just as fast."

"A flower is gonna die in like, 10 days. It doesn't really have the time to wait around. " she would respond.

Uncle Ao Lie would shake his head and smile wistfully. " There is some truth in that, " he agreed. " A tree has time while a flower does not. " he stared at her, admiring her beauty and strength like one would to any rose. He himself was the tree- a person who had time and often forgot that many around him did not. " However, it is that same reason why the flower should value the slow moments. If you rush through life too quickly, you might just miss it ." he touched his hand to her cheek. Despite her impatience, Mei loved her uncle dearly. He was an eccentric old soul, a wandering mystic who spoke in riddles and metaphors. To Mei, his words often sounded like nonsense. But she respected his wisdom, even if she couldn't quite grasp it yet. Even now, as she rounded the road into adulthood, she still had no concept of his words.

To her, what was the point of lingering on things? Perhaps that is why she was quick to snip at the Bull Prince when he waltzed in? Why beat around the bush that she didn't trust him?

She didn't trust Xiaotian either, in truth. As it goes though, she could do little about him with MK glued to him at every moment. Not that her friend was naive. No, MK was actually far more distrusting then her. You wouldn't realize it with his easy smiles and gentle eyes, but get to know him enough and you begin to recognize how close he keeps his own cards to his chest.

How critically he would hold someone to their word if they dared to "promise" anything. Even today, he played the fool when he returned from getting cheese tea. Aloof to Mei and Red Son's tension, but his eyes locked on every action. Playing naive to keep things peaceful, and to keep Xiaotian entertained, but Mei knew better.

MK was her brother, after all.

Sighing, she shook her head to clear it of these thoughts. This was a moment MK had been waiting all his life for, so she couldn't blame him for wanting to push aside any doubt or concern to just lavish in the presence of his other half. He looked so peaceful these last two days. Like everything was clicking into place for him and he wasn't just going with the current.

She only hoped that Xiaotian, as MK's other half, was exactly that. A mirror to him, and just as good. If not, she had no idea how she was going to go about dealing with him without hurting MK in the process.

Parking her bike towards the back of her mansion, Mei slipped her helmet off. The lights were already starting to pour out from inside, the shapes of her parents and Uncle within. Today was the family Dinner after all.

As Mei approached the manor's entrance, the aroma of simmering spices and sizzling meats greeted her nostrils. A smile tugged at the corners of her lips - it seemed her mother had prepared all her favorite dishes tonight. About two steps up the porch stairs, she felt a strange presence in the air.