birthday blues but make it jealousy (faf x virat)

"-and then I tried to call them again but they wouldn't answer. It's been a week already, and it's too late."

Faf stood at the door, smiling as Virat rambled to someone on the phone about a delayed order.

He was about to step inside when he heard his name and paused.

"Why don't you talk to Faf about it?"

That was AB, he recognized instantly from the voice.

"I can't talk to Faf about this biscuit. He's not you." Virat said in an obvious tone, and Faf turned around, walking away from there instantly.

Because of course, he knew AB and Virat were really close. He never wanted to take AB's place, either.

But hearing it firsthand how distant Virat still considered him, he didn't know how to feel.

On the other hand, AB glared at Virat through the phone, "So telling me about my birthday gift was fine, but for Faf, it needs to be a surprise? I feel really loved, thanks."

Virat shrugged and smirked at him, "Well, you're not him, are you?"

AB gasped dramatically at his smart ass best friend and narrowed his eyes. "Then go plan his birthday with him only. I'm going to sleep, bye."

"No." Virat screeched loudly, and AB winced, "You know this has to be perfect." He stressed on the last word, making AB sigh tiredly.

He had heard only about a million times how Faf's birthday could be nothing less than perfect.

"They were supposed to drop his gift yesterday, but now they're saying it'll be here by tomorrow, and I need to make sure Faf doesn't see it."

"Make sure Faf doesn't see what?" Maxwell entered the room with a bag of peanut cookies and plopped down on the bed beside him.

"Oh, hi AB. What are you guys planning without me?" He pushed Virat out of the frame and waved at AB, making the other boy annoyed.

"Biscuit's worried about Faf's gift not getting there on time. Please tell him it'll be fine."

Virat huffed loudly and leaned back on the bed when both the men threw him annoyed glances.

"What is this surprise gift man, at least tell me." Maxi raised an eyebrow, but Virat stubbornly shook his head.

"Is it a pet monkey?"

"No, he already has you for that." Virat deadpanned.

"Is it a dildo?"

"Why the fuck would he need a dildo?" Virat made a disgusted face and Maxi just shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe he gets tired of topping you every time." AB doubled over laughing at the stunned expression on Virat's face.

Virat stood up from the bed, giving Maxi a harsh kick on his ribs. "For the last time, we are not fucking each other." He glared at him fiercely and jumped down from the bed.

"Oi, calm down. I didn't say you were fucking each other." Maxi tried to pull him back, making him sit on the edge of the bed and Virat have him a stink eye. "I said he was fucking you."

Maxi howled in pain when Virat kicked him once again and stomped out of the room angrily.

"Why can't they just get together already?" Maxi asked AB as he rubbed his aching side, sure that it was going to bruise tomorrow.

AB shook his head tiredly. "Because Virat is dumb and Faf is dumber."

Virat was grumbling about annoying bets friends and didn't see where he was walking, almost crashing into Mayank.