apna apna dekh lo (virat x rohit)

'ICC is so biased towards Kohli, literally robbed Hardik and Axar of the MOTM.'

'Kohli can have his Instagram followers and ads, but Rohit Sharma is the real legacy winner here.'

Rohit frowned as he scrolled further down his Twitter feed and got more disturbed when he saw similar tweets.

He couldn't believe the fans were still fighting about this. As much as he loved his fans, this was beyond disgraceful.

He shook his head and continued reading the tweets that unsettled him further.

"Rohit bhai," Yashashvi came running towards him and he quickly turned his phone off.

"Chalo na, everyone's dancing." Rohit laughed at the excitement on his face and nodded.

They walked to the hall and Rohit laughed when he saw Virat dancing with Arshdeep and Rinku again.

Hardik was probably off somewhere calling Natasa, he thought when he saw Jassi with his wife.

Rohit went and sat with Jaddu who was having a chilled drink. "You're not dancing? Weird scenes."

Jaddu rolled his eyes at the jibe and punched him lightly.

"There's hardly anyone in the world who can match your boyfriend, Ro." Jaddu shook his head with a fond smile, "He's been dancing with these guys since the evening and they're still at it."

Rohit laughed lightly and looked at Virat who was now teaching Yashashvi and Siraj some bhangra moves.

"He deserved this yaar." Jaddu said and leaned back on the couch, "After all these tournaments and all those runs, this was a must-have."

Rohit nodded, "You did too, Jad. After all these years, both of you did."

Jaddu chuckled and shook his head, "Thanks, but it's not the same with us. These past years had been really hard on him, we had the IPL at least, uska toh waha bhi bas dukh hai."

Although both of them laughed at the regular RCB joke, they both knew he was serious about it.

"And woh trolling bohot zyada ho gayi thi yaar iss baar." Jaddu shuddered remembering the past two years.

"Ab trophy aa gayi, sab thik ho jayega." Rohit's stomach turned painfully at his hopeful words.

Jaddu's daughter called him from the other side and he patted Rohit's shoulder lightly before walking there.

And Rohit couldn't help himself. He started going through his Twitter once again.

As the minutes passed, the tweets got harsher and he wanted to shake each one out of this blind hatred. Rohit wanted to protect Virat from all of these, but how could he do that?

He was getting anxious and ordered a drink for himself, his first after years.

***

"Oye champion, idhar aa jaa."

Virat dragged a tipsy-looking Hardik on the dance floor and the boys cheered loudly.

Surya changed the song to Malhari and everyone started hooting loudly. Although they all got the lyrics wrong, they were louder than the speakers and no one cared honestly.