how long did you take to forget? (shadab x virat)

Shadab is Shahid Afridi's son and he's only 6 years younger than Virat here.

This is a fucking multiverse right here, lord knows whats going on, but Imma call it the naya-verse.

***

"Please turn it off." Shadab requested the junior boys who were engrossed watching the highlights of the recent match.

The boys turned towards him with an offended look, "Bhai, look at how he's batting. How can anyone turn it off?"

Babar looked at the impatient expression on his friend's face and intervened. "What he means is, don't watch the television while eating. Focus on your food."

Shadab looked thankfully at Babar, who took the remote and turned it off, moving the topic towards their upcoming outing.

They had an off day tomorrow and had plans to go to the mall. Some of the boys had traveled out of the country for the first time and were very excited.

"Okay, so tomorrow everyone gathers in the lobby after breakfast," Babar instructed them before they dispersed to their rooms.

An hour later, Shadab found himself watching the same match highlights that he had switched off earlier. Because the boys were correct, how can anyone look away when he's batting?

His eyes burned with familiar tears as he watched those familiar arms hammering Pat Cummins. He hated how well he knew them.

He hated how he knew that the bouncer earlier had hurt his shoulder by the scrunch of his brows.

And Shadab hated how he knew it was a lie when he told the physio he was fine.

Why did he still have to remember everything?

"Thodi der ruk jata hu na." Shadab watched his boyfriend pout as he sprawled across the bed, refusing to budge.

"You've been missing from your hotel for three hours, Ravi bhai will be sending out a search party soon enough." He tried to reason, failing miserably.

Virat leaned up on his elbows, "But we barely did anything. We still have so much to talk about." He was pulling out the infamous puppy eyes, and Shadab probably needed a steel wall to defend himself.

"I know Vi, but.." He trailed off worriedly, biting his lips in confusion because he wanted to spend more time with Virat, but he also knew they could get into trouble.

Virat quickly sat up straight up and pulled him down beside him. "Please don't freak out." He gently took his hands in his own and caressed his knuckles. "About what?"

At Shadab's genuine voice, he seemed to grow a little guilty, "I told Ravi bhai about us yesterday."

And against all reason, Shadab freaked out.

"You did what?" He screeched, yanking his hands out of Virat's hold. Before he could stand up, Virat pulled him down on his lap, tightly wrapping his arms around him.

"This is why I didn't tell you earlier, I said na, don't panic." He chided his love gently, rubbing his back in slow circles to calm him down. "And Ravi bhai is the coolest motherfucker alive so don't worry. It was his idea that I come over today, he just said I should be back by 9 o'clock."