lonely at the top 🔞 (pat x virat)

"If you don't bring my boy tonight, I'll kick you out as soon as you step inside Mitch."

Before Starc could say anything the call ended and he rolled his eyes at the bossy tone.

"How am I supposed to do the impossible, mate?" He asked himself as he walked to Virat's room and entered without knocking.

"Oi, left your manners in Australia or what?" Virat shouted, lying on the bed with his upper body casually hanging off.

Mitchell raised his middle finger at him, unbothered by his words, and slumped down on the couch.

"You fucking ass." Virat cursed and pointed both his middle fingers at him, dropping his phone in the process.

"As soon as you came in, stupid stuff was happening." He huffed and rolled over to pick up his phone, checking for any damages.

Suddenly, Mitch's mind lit up with an idea. "Let's go out today Vi, please. I'm so bored."

"Nope, not happeneing." Virat instantly shut the idea down, "I have to clean my room, finish the last season of Sherlock, and I need to sleep because you kept me up with your whining all night yesterday."

"But that's why we need to go out today. Travis will be there and I really want to meet him." Starc pulled out his trump card, puppy dog eyes, and Virat groaned.

"One thing I don't understand is, both of you're going to be in Australia after a month then why do you need to meet him right now?" Virat raised an eyebrow at him.

Mitchell went to sit with him, "You know it won't be the same in Australia, Vi." He could already see Virat starting to melt.

"And I could set you with someone as well."

"No, not happening." Virat stood up and Mitch cursed internally, "It's been what, seven months since you went on your last date?"

"And I'm very fine with it. So, don't try to set me up with anyone because I have had enough of it." Virat said sternly.

Mitchell groaned and held his head in his hands, "But why?"

"Last time Rohit set me up with someone, it was with Bhuvi."

"So, Bhuvi is a nice guy?" Mitchell threw his hands in the air.

"And he was expecting me to be some hunk who's going to top the shit out of him in bed." Virat reminded him pointedly.

Virat wasn't a big guy, but with the way he carried himself on the field everyone just assumed that he'd be the top. He was tired of it now.

"Not everyone's going to be the same way." Mitchell tried but he looked at him in disbelief.

"Then AB tried to set me up with Quintin- again another guy who was expecting me to dominate him."

Mitch was about to speak but he continued.

"And Harry tried to set me up with Jassi, don't remind me what a disaster it was. Then it was Sha-"

"Okay, I get it." Mitchell cut him off, "You've had terrible experiences but let's just go out tonight and have fun, okay?"

Virat shook his head and was about to speak but he was already standing up, "I'll be here at six, be ready. Love you, bye."

***

"I knew this would happen," Virat whispered under his breath when Mitchell and Travis started giving heart eyes to each other.