Poem 38 (prose): It just got personal (Final part): About Me

21/02/2024

Dear diary,

I closed my eyes today and took sometime to collect my thoughts about the recent events discussed through these entries. All have been quite depressing unfortunately, however I would not like to give off the impressions that my life is all so miserable because it is not. An element of victimization may have exaggerated the point made due to vulnerability.

I am not a victim, I refuse to be, these events have taught me the hard truths in life. I believe it is important to share these stories as I know it's not just only me.

The concept of a hard life can not be understood by everyone. The spectrum is too great to fully indulge in the true meaning of hardships. Especially in my position, this ( first world) exists with problems that circulate by association. Mental health is one of the most common problems we find in the west. Many people suffer through working, life, people, abuse etc. the list is endless. Everyone's problems are valid, but how valid are they?

Are we excusing behaviors to avoid the reality?
Are we accommodating victimization to evade problems?
Are we not disciplined enough in today's world to keep failing and trying again?
What are we actually taught in schools?

The world is unkind to people who do not want to take care of themselves and the responsibilities they need to face.

No one will be there to hold your hand for the rest of your life no matter how hard you try. Nothing lasts forever not even yourself.
Life is brief and death is real and education is everlasting.

As a 27 year old woman, I have took a long time to come to terms with life. I honestly wish that I was trained to be stronger, more confident and intelligent. My upbringing was disciplined but disjointed that's why I try every day to repair what is missing.