Season 2: Part 9

At the tomb

I say Stefan can you hear me?

Stefan comes out as much as the magical barrier allows.

Stefan says what are you doing here Caroline?

I say Damon called me up and said you are trapped in the tomb with Katherine. I grew worried and had to see you.

Stefan says I am ok Caroline. You seem sad, is everything ok?

I tell Stefan about Slater how he helped me and now he is dead.

Stefan says I am sorry Caroline. He wouldn't want you to be sad. He would want you to grow and move forward.

I say I know that you are right Stefan but I still feel sadness over his loss. It's the same as I felt about Tina. She was my true friend.

Stefan says I know how it's like to miss your true friend Caroline. But you have no other choice but to move forward.

I say I don't know what I would do when I have to part ways with mom. Does it get better with time?

Stefan says you begin to adapt and your perspective of time changes. It would get better and you would be able to cope with leaving your friends and family.

I say thanks Stefan.

Stefan says no need to say thanks Caroline. I am also your friend.

I say right.

Stefan says Hey what was it you were going to tell me when Jeremy interrupted us?

I get shocked that he remembered. I say you remembered?

Stefan says you seem shocked that I remember something you wanted to say.

I say it's just that no one has ever shown interest in what I have to say except Tina and Slater before, so.

Stefan says I am just a phone call away Caroline. I am also your friend.

I say thanks Stefan. It means a lot. So here it is but please don't get mad and don't tell Damon about this.

Stefan says Ok.

I say very quickly that I didn't compel my mom to forget about us being vampires. I close my eyes waiting for Stefan to shout at me but that didn't happen. I open my eyes slowly one by one to see what's going on. Stefan is still staring at me.

Stefan says Caroline

I say but first listen to the reasoning behind it then you can yell at me all you want.

I continue and say my mother and I had a very rocky relationship since the divorce happened. Now, she again wants to be my mom, be there for me like she used to and I couldn't take that away from myself. Call me selfish but I wanted my mother.

Stefan says I didn't know you felt like that. Elena never seems to mention it.

I say Elena only has concern for matters concerning herself only. She doesn't care about my relationship with my mom. I am sorry Stefan, I know that she is your girlfriend but she hasn't been a good friend to me. And when I voice that she puts the blame on me.

Stefan says I understand. It's ok Caroline.

I say are you mad at me?

Stefan says Yes, I am mad at you Caroline. But I understand why you did it.

I say are you going to tell Damon?

Stefan says no, I am not going to tell Damon. He will kill you.

I say thank you Stefan.

Stefan says I am your friend Caroline. That's what friends are for. No need to say thanks.

I say I will see you later Stefan. Bye.

Stefan says Bye Caroline. Take care of yourself.