Fifty-One

(Tyson's point of view)

I pulled my pj shirt over my head and sighed. The bathroom mirror was covered in fog so I reached out and wiped it away.

I studied myself in the mirror. There were dark circles under my eyes and a dull pain in my heart.

I was going to miss Scarlett so much. For the fact that she didn't want to go to college made me a little uneasy. She had a talent, why wouldn't she want to go with it?

I grabbed my towel and walked out of the bathroom. I saw Scarlett looking down at the trees outside. I shoved my towel in my duffle bag and walked outside with her.

"Hey baby," I said softly.

She turned to look at me, I moved closer to her and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Tyson, don't." She choked out. She moved away from me and I saw she had been crying.

Whoa, what happened? I knew she was sad about leaving tomorrow, but why would she make me let go of her?

"Scarr, what's wrong?" I asked.

She looked away from me and leaned against the railing. I watched her start sobbing and keep saying she was sorry.

I moved closer to her and when she didn't move away I put my had on her back.

"Babe... baby... scarr? Cutie... sweetie... love... c'mon baby tell me what's wrong. Please, baby?" I half whispered half sung to her.

"Ty I don't want to leave you... but I mean," she pushed and looked up to me, "we won't make it."

My heart stopped. What did she mean we wouldn't make it? I laughed nervously. "W-what do you mean?"

"Tyson, I think it's for the best we... break up." She looked away from me and I saw a tear fall down her cheek.

I felt like everything inside of me went cold. I couldn't think. She wanted to break up? I nodded... maybe... maybe this would be for the best.

"Yeah... yeah ok..." I whispered.

I let go of her and walked back inside. I sat down on my bunk and rubbed my eyes.

Fuck. I really liked her.

Then fight for her dumb ass.

I laid down on my bunk and closed my eyes. Fight for her? How?

I heard her walk back inside and close the door. I wanted to say something, tell her I loved her, but I couldn't find anything to say.

I heard her bunk creak under her small frame. The lights were already off, everyone else was getting ready to go to sleep.

I sighed and rolled onto my stomach. I buried my face in my pillow while my mind went into over drive.

Break up? No more holding her? No more kissing her cheek? No more seeing her eyes light up when I tell her I love her? No more seeing her wake up and be absolutely drop dead fucking gorgeous without makeup on?

I groaned. I was loosing her.

I should've said something earlier.

Why did I just walk away?

Why did I just agree?

I moved back so I was on my side and fell asleep.

+

"Hey, Tyson, let's go bud."

I woke up and Polaroid was watching me with a solemn look.

"Is she up?" I asked.

"Yep, all her stuff is outside already." He said. He opened his mouth to say something, then nodded slowly.

He started to walk away and I sat up.

"She told you, huh?" I asked.

Polaroid froze and turned back around to face me.

"She told Harry and Joshua. Jeremy was still asleep." He said softly.

"What time was she up?"

"Before me. I was up at six thirty, I asked and she said about fifteen songs... so maybe forty five minutes? An hour?"

I nodded. "I screwed up, didn't I?"

Polaroid sighed, then walked back into the room and sat down on what was Scarlett's bunk.

"Why didn't you fight for her?" He asked me.

"How the hell am I supposed to? She told me she wanted to break up and my heart broke! I really like her, I don't want to loose her." I raised my voice. How could he think I wouldn't fight for her? I want to, I just don't know how.

"Talk to her man, that's all I can say." And with that, he got up and left.

I sighed and fell back onto the bunk. I couldn't do anything. We were leaving today and after that... I'd probably never see her again.

I sat up and started to finish packing. All my thoughts were trained on her. Scarlett. I love her, I actually love her.

And I'm just letting her go.