Forty-One.

(Tyson's point of view)

Well, this explains a lot. Jennifer never really liked the idea of camps, but now that she's got someone worth while she's up here.

They go well together actually, Hunter and Jennifer. Both backstabbers and jerks.

Scarlett tugs on my hand and leads me to Rock Star. Immediately she makes a B-line for our guitars and we head outside to our usual spot. She strums a few chords to 'Want Me Too' by Charlie Worsham and I feel my anger slip away. She sings softly to the point where I can just barely hear her over the chords.

"Tyson?" I turn around and Jennifer is watching me. I feel sick and Scarlett stops playing guitar. "Can I talk to you?"

"No." I say sharply. She avoided me for about a year now, she can handle me retaliating. I turn back around and Scarlett watches me with worried eyes.

"Please?" Jennifer says in her usual demanding tone.

"I said no." I keep my back to her. I feel her put a hand on my shoulder and I stand up, facing her. She blows her bangs out of her eyes and places her hands on her hips.

"Look, I just wanna talk." She says.

"Look, I don't want to." I snap. I move and sit next to Scarlett on the little stone wall and take her hand in mine.

"It'll only be a minute, c'mon Tyson." She rolls her eyes at me and folds her arms over her chest. I squeeze Scarlett's hand and kiss her cheek. She nods at me and strums her guitar a little. I get up and walk around the outer wall of Rock Star. No one can see us, and I hope no one can hear us.

"What do you want?" I ask Jennifer.

She studdies me then tilts her head to the side and smiles. "Don't you miss me, Ty?"

"Don't call me that." I snap.

"Ooh, testy now are we?" She smiles to herself then twirls a lock of hair around her finger.

"What do you want?" I repeat myself.

"I want you back, baby." She cooes. She steps closer and tries to lock her arms around my neck. I step away and she laughs. "She really did a number on you, huh?"

"Leave me alone." I say. I turn to walk away and she grabbs my shoulder.

She pulls me back around to face her and I find her lips pressed to mine. I push her away and she laughs. "I know you still love me."

Anger builds in me. What the hell just happened? I wipe my lips off the with the back of my hand and spit on the floor. Jennifer gasps and steps back. I glare at her, "I don't love you."

With that I turn and walk away from her. Scarlett is still siting on the wall playing guitar and I smile. She looks up when I sit down and a small smile plays at her lips.

"Everything okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, I guess." I say. Should I tell her that Jennifer kissed me? I don't really see why, she knows how much I like her and how much I hate Jennifer. I'm sure it's okay.

"Tyson!" I turn and look over to see Jennifer smirking at me. "Thought I'd let you know you're still a good kisser." She smiles and flips her hair over her shoulder before walking back into Rock Star.

I roll my eyes. So many things I'd like to say about her, but I'd rather not even begin to start on that list. I look over at Scarlett and she's crying. I put my arm around her shoulder and she gets up.

I watch as she covers her mouth with her hands and tries to blink away the tears. She looks at me and finally a silver tear rolls down her cheek.

"You kissed her?"