Forty-Three.

"Polaroid said you need to go back to Rock Star." The nurse tells me.

I nod, thank her for listening to me, and leave. It's a short walk back to Rock Star, but I walk as slowly as I can to lengthen it.

I'm outside when I see Tyson walking out the door, his backs to me so he can't see me. "I'll go look for her, yeah?"

I brace myself and look down. I know I look like a mess, I saw myself in a mirror back at the infirmary and cleaned up a little, but it didn't do much.

Tyson turns back and when he sees me he stops, he's not smiling he's just watching me. Almost like he's afraid I'm going to lash out at him or something. "Hey,"

I have nothing to say to him. I keep my head down and walk past him.

"Scarlett," he almost whispers. He softly grabs my elbow and I look down at my feet. I feel the tears coming and I know I can't stop them, I love Tyson too much but I can't forgive him for kissing Jennifer. "Please hear me out?"

"Why should I?" I snap. I feel a tear run down my cheek and I turn around and face him. I pull on a fake smile and bite my lip to keep from crying. "So you can tell me why'd you choose her over me?"

"What? No, Scarlett, I love-"

"Please," I choke out. Tyson stops talking, almost surprised that I'm crying and begging for him to stop. "I don't want to hear any more."

He doesn't say anything, everyone else floods out of Rock Star and I wrestle out of his grasp. I take a few steps and mix in with the huge group of everyone at the camp. I take one last look at Tyson, and he doesn't do anything to stop me from leaving.

~~~~~

(Tyson's point of view)

"You." I whisper into the air. "I love you, Scarlett." I feel a little better now that the words are finally out there, not cooped up inside of me.

I can't will myself to go after her, the girl I'm in love with, and I'm just letting her walk away. I'm an idiot! Why am I not doing anything to keep her? I should be going after her, but instead I'm watching her walk away.

I turn away, my eyes burn with un-shed tears and I won't let them fall. Polaroid sees me and he smiles, totally unaware of the wreckage my mind is trying to understand and the pain that is about to rocket through my heart.

"When are you going to film you music video?" He asks me.

The music video, I had forgotten. I know Scarlett won't want to have a single thing to do with me now, now that she thinks I've cheated on her. My heart aches with the thought of her, but I let her go when I should've fought for her.

"No, uh, I'm going to write another one." I say simply.

"Really? I liked the one you already wrote." Polaroid tells me.

I know, I think, I like it too. "I dunno, I just have an idea for something else." I'm totally lying to Polaroid, but I can't find it in me to admit to him that I screwed up.

"Well, it's your decision. It's time for lunch." He tells me smiling.

I nod, and follow him to the mess hall. Polaroid tells Scarlett to choose guitar and I do the same. I'm in the seat next to her, she looks so fragile, so broken.

I did that to her.

I should've told her right away. But no, I'm an idiot and I decided to blow it off and act like it was nothing. I hurt her, the thought of her not forgiving me pops into my mind and I'm scared. She may not forgive me... I can't loose her, I refuse to.

Dundee tells us it's time to go back to the cabin and I try to keep up with Scarlett. She quickly walks with Joshua and I can tell she's faking every smile, every laugh. Joshua doesn't know the way her eyes light up when she really laughs, or the way her head dips forward when she smiles.

Only I know that because I took the time to memorize her, because I knew that at the end of this week I'd have to say goodbye to her and would probably never see her again.

We go into the cabin and Dundee tells us to wait. "Our new roommate, Jennifer? She decided to room with us. She'll be here any minute, she'll be rooming with you, Scarlett."

What? Now Jennifer will be here? Now I have to deal with Jennifer?! I look to Scarlett and she looks like she's about to fall apart. I want to hug her, to try and mend her brokenness I caused. I'm afraid she'll push me away though, and I can't handle her telling me she doesn't want to be with me.

"O-okay." She finally says after a while. She turns and walks to her side of the cabin, I see her wipe away a tear and I follow her. I know she loves me, she has to, I hope she does.

"Where are you going?" Joshua asks me. He stands in front of me and crosses his arms across his chest.

"I need to talk to Scarlett." I say simply.

"She told me what you did." He says gravely.

"And I did what?" I question. Scarlett doesn't even know the whole story, why would Joshua?

"You kissed another girl, Tyson, do you have any idea how much that girl loves you? Did you see her crying?" His words sting me and I have to close my eyes to keep from going insane.

"Yes, I'm not stupid. Please, I need to talk to her." I beg.

Joshua studies me, then nods and lets me walk past him. I find Scarlett sitting on her bunk crying as she reads The Fault In Our Stars.

I know I screwed up, I have to fix this.

"Scarlett?" I ask softly.

She looks up startled, her eyes land on me and her face goes pale. She doesn't say anything so I walk over and sit down on the floor in front of her. I'd rather sit next to her, but judging by the way she's looking at me I think she'd walk away.

"Will you let me explain myself?" I ask.

It takes a while, like she's going over ever single possible answer, before she slowly nods. I smile a little and tell her everything. I tell her that Jennifer kissed me, not the other way around. She almost smiles when I tell her I spit and Jennifer freaked out.

"City girls," she mutters. I can barely hear her, but with that one little comment I'm almost certain I have my Scarlett back.

"So, do you believe me?" I ask. I'm afraid of her answer, what if she tells me no?

"Yeah, I do." She says slowly.

I feel like someone turned a light on inside of me. She believes me! I stand up and wrap my arms around her, she laughs and hugs me back.

I hear the door to one of the rooms open and I let go, I look up and see Guvna.

"Let's see what's up." I tell Scarlett. She nods and slips her hand into mine.

Jennifer. She has a huge suitcase and is giving each of the guys a sly smile. Scarlett sees her and tightens her grip on my hand.

I nearly lost Scarlett today because of a stupid mistake caused by Jennifer, I won't let it happen again.