Six.

We stayed in the cabin and talked a little more, I pulled out my guitar and started to play some songs. I've never written any of my own so that's why I was so excited for the song writing tips.

Tyson sat on his bunk and listened to music off his iPod. I didn't bother him, he seemed to dislike me and truth be told I wasn't very fond of him either.

Hunter kept close to me, he always has a smile on his flawless face and would take my guitar from me and play beautifully.

"Okay guys," Polaroid declared some time later, "we need to go to dinner, then we have the bonfire."

"Bonfire?" I asked. I loved sitting around an open fire and playing guitar. It was like heaven for me.

"Yeah, on the first day there's always a welcoming bonfire. It's fun." Hunter explained to me.

"Only problem is you come back smelling like smoke." Tyson said under his breath. I shook off his comment and followed everyone outside. I shivered, it was freezing.

"Can I run back in and get a sweater?" I asked.

Polaroid nodded and shivered as well. "Can you get mine? It's on my bunk."

I nodded and rushed back in. I grabbed my high school sweater and found Polaroids easily. It was neon blue and had a guitar patch on it. I ran back outside and found Hunter and Polaroid waiting for me.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"They went to the mess hall." Hunter told me as Polaroid tugged his sweater over his head. I nodded and walked with them to a huge white tent. Outside a wooden office, the younger kids were dancing to see who could go in first. I smiled, I wish I could've come here before.

The mess hall we (the older kids) were in was the white tent I was in earlier to answer the health questions. The other guys were already sitting down and eating by the time we were in line. We sat down with them and ate, laughing and joking the whole time. For a group of guys, they were really cool. I had just been broken up with over the phone, a lot of horrible things were said and I thought all guys were the same. This group seemed to prove me wrong.

Except for Tyson, he kept his head down and didn't say anything. He seemed depressed. Was it because I was there? Or was it a mental thing? Whatever the reason, I felt bad for him and found myself continually casting worried glances at him.

Polaroid declared it was time to go to the Bonfire, outside we walked down a dirt hill to an outdoor auditorium. Wooden benches scattered the ground and a stage with a white backdrop had a drum set, piano, a rack of guitars, and at least four or five microphones.

We sat towards the back, the younger kids got to be upfront. Tyson muttered something that I couldn't make out, what was his problem?

People started filling in and I found myself between Hunter and Joshua. The welcome bonfire was amazing. They actually lit a fire and the welcoming scent of it came and engulfed me. My eyes watered a bit, but other than that it was perfect.

The night proceeded like I thought it would be, until Guvna (another councilor) asked, "does anyone have any special talents?"

My hand shot up with a few others. Hunter and Joshua pointed at me and kept shouting "SCARLETT! SCARLETT!"

Guvna looked over to me and smiled, "girl with the black sweater!"

I hugged the two boys before I raced to the stage. I had a huge smile plastered on my face and I kept giggling like an idiot.

"So...?"

"Scarlett."

"Scarlett, what's your special talent?"

"I sing." I said. I smiled and looked over to my cabin. They all stood up and cheered, except Tyson. He sat contently in his spot and watched me with a... an emotion I couldn't describe. I felt my smile fall and a worried expression fell onto my face.

"Oh, cool! Would you like to sing for us?"

"Yeah, I play guitar too, so... could I play...?"

"Sure! I'll get one!"

Every word we said was into a microphone so my words reached every ear as well. I smiled as I watched Guvna get a beautiful black acoustic-electric guitar. I thanked him and started to play 'Shame' by Keith Urban.

I scanned over the random faces I saw. I immediately saw Alexandra, Marcelene, and Carrie. I smiled, I let my eyes wander back to my cabin. The guys were cheering.

I smiled as I strummed the last chord. For some reason, my eyes met with Tyson's. I swear, I saw a light glimmer in his deep blue eyes.