Fifty-Three

A/N: any of you guys have depression? I do. and it makes me have little interest in everything. sorry for not updating, ever.

(Scarlett's Pov)

I started crying, my stomach twisted in knots, Tyson was back with Jennifer?

He looked scared once he realized I was watching them hug.

I shook my head and walked away. Why was I so stupid? Thinking he'd want to get back together with me...

He knew Jennifer. He was comfortable with her. I was different, I was new; why would he like me?

"Scarr! Wait!" Tyson called behind me.

I ran.

I ran away from the over look, I didn't care about the councilors, about the other campers, or about their parents just starting to show up. I didn't care that I probably looked like a lunatic, or that I was some crazy girl who didn't want to leave camp yet.

He was going to get back together with her.

Tyson was going to date....

I stopped running when I got to the Arts and Crafts shack. I sat down on the benches and started crying, barely able to breathe through my sobs.

"I messed up..." I choked out.

No one was near me. I didn't care. I mumbled to myself a little while longer, just missing Tyson and feeling like a total fool. My heart ached.

Why didn't I think they'd get back together? He'd kissed her. Jennifer even said he sang 'Too Far Gone' for her. God, I was so stupid.

I bit my lip.

Hunter was right. I was so crazy for Ty that I ignored Hunter. He was the first person who was nice to me in the cabin.

I mean, he ended up a psychopath, but still.

I buried my face in my hands. Why was I so stupid?

"Scarr?"

I looked over my shoulder. It was Polaroid.

He cautiously walked over to me and sat down. I wiped away my tears and braced myself for a lecture.

"I... I'm sorry, Scarlett. I don't know what went through Tyson's head." He said softly.

I forced a smile, trying to fix the frown on Polaroid's face, then wound up crying harder then earlier.

Polaroid wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into a hug. He rubbed my shoulder and quietly shushed me.

"C'mon. I'll take you back to the overlook and buy you an ice cream. Ok?" Polaroid asked.

I sniffled and took a deep breath to calm myself down. "Yeah, ok."

(Tyron's Point of view)

Crap, I messed up.

I messed up BIG time.

I see Jeremy sitting alone drinking a tea. He looks sad, maybe worried?

"Did you see where Scarlett went?" I ask him.

He looks up at me and sighs. "I saw her run away. I was coming out of the mess hall and she just zoomed by..."

"But have you seen her?" I stress.

He shakes his head.

"TY!"

I groan. I turn around and Jennifer runs up to me pouting.