Thirty-One.

I sat on the corner of my bed and touched up my makeup. In only a few minutes we were going to the dance and to be honest, I was really nervous. I've never been to a dance before, so this was new to me. I didn't really like new.

I could hear the other guys laughing at each other. Harry asked a girl from film and Joshua and Jeremy were teasing him about having a date to the camp dance.

My face flushed and I wondered if they would tease me if I told them Tyson asked me. I was still in shock that he wanted to be with me. He wanted to be a couple, he was my boyfriend.

Boyfriend.

The name felt foreign on my lips. I hadn't used the term in so long and I never thought I would be using it now. Then again, I never thought I would be in a cabin with five guys, one giving me sleeping pills and the other liking me.

The thought of Tyson and I together sent a wave of warmth through me, kind of like a little electric shock went through me and I had a tingle resonating in me. It made me smile, he wanted to be with me!

"Scarlett," Polaroid called into my part of the cabin, "are you ready?"

"Yeah, give me a second." I called back in response. I got up and smoothed the ruffle on my dress. It was a simple light blue fabric that hugged me. I felt pretty in it, would Tyson like it? I had curled my hair, now the deep brown ringlets fell onto my shoulders. I was afraid to wear high heels, Tyson was taller than me but I didn't want to be taller than him. I actually liked being shorter. I never liked being short.

What was he doing to me?

I walked into the middle room and heard a whistle. I smiled and turned to the guys who were smiling at me.

"Why are you dressed up?" Jeremy asked.

"Why shouldn't I be?" I replied. I gave him a smile and he shook his head.

Dundee called us and I walked to his part of the cabin, Tyson wasn't there. For a second, my heart sunk. I was so nervous and so excited to see him and now he wasn't here. I knew he was outside, but still.

The guys walked in front of me and I realized I was the last person inside. Polaroid was holding open the door and he studied me with a bewildered and concerned look on his face. I gave him a small smile, he wouldn't understand the butterflies swarming in the pit of my stomach right now.

I walked outside and saw Tyson, his mouth dropped to an 'o' when he saw me. I smiled and tucked a stand of hair behind my ear. The nerves slowly died down, but I still felt a little uneasy.

"Hi," I finally said.

Tyson snapped back into reality and he smiled at me. "Wow, uh, sorry Scarlett. You're, you, um. You look beautiful." he said.

I blushed and he offered me his hand.

~~~~~

As soon as we stepped into the dance my breathing faltered. It was the same amount of people like there were at poker night, I hated the fact that I had this anxiety but I had to deal with it.

I took a deep breath and blinked a few times. I could fight this, I would be okay, I have to do this for Tyson. He deserves it.

"Do you want to go outside?" He asks over the music.

I look up at him confused. "I thought you wanted to dance?"

He smiles and shakes his head. Our hands are still entwined so he pulls me through the sea of people and outside where we've been hanging out. The string of Christmas tree lights are lit and there's still a few chairs set up outside.

"You didn't answer my question." I tell him. He smiles and looks around, I do too, there's no one else out here except for us.

"Well, I do. But uh, they don't play the kind of songs I have in mind." He tells me. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his iPod, I watch as he sets it down on one of the chairs and turns his ear buds back into little speakers. I can barely hear his music over the bass pounding from inside the Rock Star room.

'Scene One- James Dean & Audrey Hepburn' by Sleeping With Sirens plays and I feel a smile play at my lips.

"Would you, uh, like to dance?"

I turn back to Tyson and he's holding his hand out to me. I smile wider and nod, I take his hand and he pulls me closer to him. We sway back and forth lost in Kellin Quinn's voice sing to us.

And for that split second, I feel like I'm in the safest place in the world.