Twenty-One

I wake up and the cabin is deadly quiet. Hunter left last night and everyone seems to be on edge. I think the guys' are sorry towards Tyson for not sticking up and telling the truth, but I also think Tyson understands and just wants to forget about it.

My thoughts go back to what Hunter said, 'I'll make your life a living hell'. What did he mean by that? I shook off the horrid thoughts that played in my mind and changed into a pink tanktop and blue jean cutoffs.

I start singing 'Headphones' by Florida Georgia Line to myself as I'm putting my makeup on. I keep wondering what Hunter's going to do. This is probably going to drive me insane, I just need to forget about it all.

"Scarlett!"

I look up, Tyson's smiling face is watching me from the doorway. "Hey!"

He smiles even wider and sits next to me. He slings his arm around my waist and I smile, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"We're leaving in a little while, will you be ready?" He murmurs into my hair.

I sigh and say 'yeah' before getting back up and out of Tyson's arms to slip on a pair of flip flops.

Polaroid comes in and tells us it's time to go, so we both walk out hand in hand.

A nagging question pokes at my mind, what's going on with me and Ty? Are we a couple or something? Should we be? It's only been, what, a few days? And after the fiasco with Hunter I wouldn't be surprised if Tyson said no.

"So, you're singing that Steel Magnolia song, right?" Jeremy asks.

"Yep," I say half-heartedly. The fact that Jeremy was Hunter's little spy makes me wary of him. What did he tell Hunter? Is there a possibility he lied just to provoke Hunter?

But why would he do that?

~~~~~

The day passes by slowly. Hunter doesn't come looking for me, or Tyson.

For the extra activities, Tyson and I stick with arts and crafts for the three continuous hours.

I snuck in my copy of Warm Bodies and read some of my favorite parts while Tyson draws. He won't let me see what he's making, but I watch in awe at his short deliberate brush strokes or long soft ones.

"My cousin is an artist," I say at random.

"Really?" Tyson asks. He makes sure to cover his work of art with his arm, somewhere in the back of my mind tells me he does that out of reflex. Is he ashamed of his art?

"Yeah... Can I see?"

"No, not yet,"

"How much longer?"

"Read a few more paragraphs."

I sigh but do as he says. Maybe if I keep reading he will be inspired to draw faster.

After three pages worth of paragraphs and quotes, it's time to leave. I forget about Tyson's painting and sigh to go back to the cabin. Tyson runs up to me, hands me a piece of paper, and then runs ahead of me.

What did he just do? I walk slower, bewildered by the drive by. I unfold the paper and smile.

It's me.

There's three. One where I'm holding up my book and reading with a big smile on my face, one where it looks like I'm sleeping, and one where I'm pulling my bangs out of my eyes.

I rush up to Tyson as he waited with Harry and Joshua. I wrap my arms around Ty's neck and plant a kiss on his cheek.

A/N There is a book on Warm Bodies. I'm pretty sure it's what the movie was based on, and it's (as always) a thousand times better than the movie.