Thirty-Five.

I walk to the field hand in hand with Tyson. He refuses to tell me what's going on, but that if I don't like it that I can opt out and watch. I'm a little nervous, this camp is so weird, I already favor siting out and admiring from the sidelines.

Everyone is armed with water balloons and shaving creme cans. The knot in my stomach tightens and I squeeze Tyson's hand a little.

Everyone ambles into the field. They're all wearing plain t-shirts and jeans. Nothing fancy, even the girls who usually wear clothes like they'd be on the run way any day now.

"So, what's this again?" I ask Tyson.

He smiles at me. "I told you, you'll find out soon."

I bite my lip and look around me. I hold on tightly to his hand and eye everyone around me. Something odd is bound to happen, but what?

Guvna runs in front of everyone and screams erupt. I smile, taken aback, and cringe at the loud roar that surrounds me. He runs to the log bleachers and jumps onto one and pulls out his megaphone.

"CAMPERS! WHO'S READY FOR THE RAID?!"

My smile falls, this is what Tyson was hiding from me? A giant raid? I look up at him and he's smiling down at me.

Guvna goes over the rules of raids': no throwing balloons closer than fifteen feet, try not to get shaving creme in any one's eyes, play nice. He finally announces that if you don't want to participate in the giant raid, to go behind the bleachers. But, if you pass the line then you're officially in and you can be hit if you're caught.

When he tells us that we can opt out, Tyson already has read my mind and pulls me to the safety zone. I smile, but look around to make sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to join. A hand full of people join us, Carrie is one of them surprisingly.

I walk with Tyson and we sit down away from everyone else. Carrie pouts by herself, not even wanting to be with us. A pang of worry hit me when I see Carrie wipe at her eyes. Is she crying? She can't be crying, what's wrong?

"I'm going to talk to Carrie," I tell Tyson. He pouts and I kiss his cheek before walking over to my friend. She doesn't look up when I sit next to her, only turns away. Now I'm really worried about her.

"Don't even ask." She snaps at me.

"Carrie," I say in a breath. Something isn't right, but I have to help my friend.

"It's nothing."

"You're crying. You can tell me, you know I won't judge you."

She looks at me, for a second I see a flame ignite in her eyes and I'm afraid she's going to scream at me- but then she starts bawling and leans onto my shoulder. I'm shocked, but I wrap an arm around my friend and try to console her.

"It's an anniversary," she chokes out between sobs, "my boyfriend broke up with me."

"Oh," I say quietly. I want to look to Tyson, it's my first thought. But I don't, I keep hugging my friends and try to help her. But honestly, I don't know how.

Carrie starts to cry about her relationship, how she was heads over heels in love with this guy but he only wanted her as a toy. He wasn't looking for a real relationship, Carrie claims, and that he just wanted a 'friends with benefits' kind of thing.

I felt bad for my friend, it was horrible she had to go through something like that. A part of me prayed it would never happen to me.