Part - 7

Same Day at Kim

  Morning

Mrs. Kim is in the elegant living room, adorned with expensive furniture and tasteful decorations.

She’s sipping tea when she calls for the maid.

Mrs. Kim: Please inform Taehyung that Jennie and her parents have arrived.

Maid: Yes, ma'am. The maid, dressed in a crisp uniform, heads upstairs. The grand staircase creaks slightly under her weight as she ascends to the second floor. She reaches Taehyung's door, hesitates for a moment, then knocks gently.

Taehyung: (from inside, in a cold voice) Coming.

The maid, feeling nervous, replies from the other side of the door.

Maid: Sir, Jennie and her parents have arrived. Mrs. Kim is calling you downstairs.

Taehyung: (sternly) Hmm.

The maid quickly retreats, relieved to be out of the tense atmosphere. She goes back downstairs and resumes her duties. About ten minutes later, Taehyung finally leaves his room. He is impeccably dressed, but his expression is one of annoyance.As he descends the staircase, he can hear the cheerful conversation coming from the living room. His parents are engaging Jennie’s parents in light-hearted talk, their voices full of warmth and hospitality.

When Taehyung enters the living room, he pauses for a moment, taking in the scene. His parents, Mr. and Mrs. Kim, are seated on a plush sofa, chatting animatedly with Jennie’s parents, who are equally well-dressed and charming. Jennie is sitting gracefully, smiling and nodding along with the conversation.

Taehyung rolls his eyes at the sight and walks towards the hall. He spots Namjoon,  sitting on a couch near the window.

Taehyung makes his way over and sits down beside Namjoon without a word.

Mrs. Kim notices Taehyung’s aloof behavior and subtly signals him to come and sit next to Jennie.

Taehyung, however, pointedly ignores her and starts scrolling through his phone.

Jennie, attempting to break the ice, speaks in a sweet, slightly cute voice.

Jennie: Tae, how are you?Taehyung feels a wave of discomfort at her tone, finding it overly cringe.

Instead of responding to Jennie, he turns to Namjoon, his voice cold and business-like.

Taehyung: Is the setup ready?Namjoon, sensing the tension but used to Taehyung’s demeanor, responds with a simple nod.

Namjoon: Hmm.

Jennie’s smile falters slightly, but she quickly recovers, maintaining her composer.

The elders continue their conversation, discussing potential dates for the wedding.

Mr. Kim: We were thinking of setting the date for the wedding next month. What do you think?

Jennie's Father: next month sounds perfect. It gives us enough time to prepare.

Just as they are about to delve deeper into the plans, the doorbell rings, indicating someone's arrival.

The maid quickly goes to open the door. She greets the guests and allows them inside.

Namjoon stands up as the director and Jungkook enter the with the crews in the mansion. Recognizing them immediately, he approaches.

Namjoon: The setup is ready. Please don't waste any time. Let's shoot and get this done quickly.

The director and Jungkook nod, appreciating Namjoon's efficiency. They proceed to the designated area for the shoot, ready to start their work without further delay.