Part - 18

Time 7 am

Morning arrives, and the household is abuzz with activity. In the kitchen, the maids are busy preparing a simple yet satisfying Korean breakfast spread for the family members.

The aroma of freshly toasted bread fills the air, signaling the start of a new day. They prepare a variety of traditional Korean dishes that complement the mainstay of bread and butter.

There are savory Korean pancakes (Pajeon) filled with scallions and seafood, providing a crisp and flavorful start to the morning. Alongside, a selection of banchan, small side dishes, are laid out, including pickled radishes, seasoned spinach, and spicy cucumber salad.Steamed white rice is available, along with bowls of soft, silky tofu stew (Sundubu-jjigae) with a spicy kick for those who want a heartier option.

Freshly made vegetable bibimbap, a vibrant mix of rice, vegetables, and gochujang (Korean chili paste), is also prepared for those seeking a nutritious and balanced meal.

For beverages, freshly brewed green tea and a variety of herbal teas are available, providing a warm and soothing start to the day.The maids work efficiently, ensuring everything is perfectly cooked and presented, creating a colorful and inviting table ready to provide a hearty and satisfying start to the day for everyone in the household.

At 7:30 am, Jin comes down from his room to the kitchen to check on the progress of the food preparation. The maid, noticing Jin's presence, bows respectfully and greets him with a "Good morning." Jin acknowledges her greeting with a simple nod of his head.Jin then heads to the fridge and carefully selects fruits that are safe for pregnant individuals. As he takes out the fruits, he suddenly recalls that there are two pregnant people in the house. Despite this realization, he still chooses to take out only enough fruits to make juice for one person.Jin begins to prepare the juice, but he is only making it for Jimin. Deep down, Jin is convinced that Jungkook is lying about his pregnancy. He is not ready to accept that Jungkook could be carrying Taehyung's child, so he focuses solely on Jimin, whom he believes is genuinely pregnant.

Slowly, all the Kim family members start gathering in the dining room, one by one, including Jennie, who looks very sad. Her face is marked with an expression of gloom, and she seems lost in her thoughts.

The family members take their respective seats at the long, elegant dining table. The maids, dressed in their neat uniforms, move efficiently, bringing breakfast dishes from the kitchen and placing them on the table with a respectful bow.The atmosphere is slightly tense as they wait for the last two members.

Finally, Taehyung and Jungkook enter the room together. All eyes turn to them, observing their every move. Jennie, sitting at the far end of the table, secretly rolls her eyes while eyeing Jungkook, who is trailing behind Taehyung and rubbing his sleepy eyes.

Taehyung and Jungkook make their way to their seats and sit down together, side by side.There is an air of quiet as everyone begins to serve themselves breakfast. The clinking of utensils and the soft murmurs fill the room.

Jin, while picking up a glass of fruit juice, turns to Jimin and says, Jimin, drink this fruit juice before breakfast. It will be good for the baby. Jimin, despite not feeling like drinking the juice at all, takes it from Jin's hand out of concern for the baby.

Taehyung, who has been closely observing the scene, finally speaks in his cold, commanding voice, Jin Hyung, where is the juice for Jungkook? His question catches everyone off guard, causing Jungkook's eyes to widen in surprise, and the same reaction ripples through the other family members.

Without making eye contact, Jin replies in a low voice, I didn't make any for Jungkook.

Raising one eyebrow, Taehyung asks, And can I know why you didn't make any? Knowing very well that he is pregnant.

Jin, feeling cornered, raises his voice in defense and says, I'm not his servant. If he wants juice, he should make it himself.

Taehyung's anger flares up at this response. Hyung, if you have a problem with Jungkook, I can understand that. But what has my child done to you that you hate him so much? And about the juice, fine, I will make it myself.  His voice is laced with frustration and protectiveness.

Saying this, Taehyung stands up from his chair and heads to the kitchen to make juice for Jungkook himself. The other family members are left in shock, witnessing Taehyung's unusual display of care and concern.

Namjoon, sitting across from Jin, gives him a deadly glare, causing Jin to lower his head in shame.

Jungkook's eyes become glossy as he watches Taehyung being so caring. Although they don't love each other, they are together for the baby, and it feels good to Jungkook that Taehyung is taking his side. He feels a mix of gratitude and surprise, emotions swirling within him.

Five minutes later, Taehyung comes back from the kitchen with a glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice. He walks over to Jungkook, sits next to him, and gently hands him the juice, saying, Here, drink this. If you need anything, just let me know, okay? Jungkook nods while taking the juice, feeling a warm rush of appreciation for Taehyung's thoughtfulness.

As Jungkook starts drinking the juice, he notices that everyone at the table is staring at them. The tension in the room is palpable. Taehyung, sensing the attention, looks around with a flash of irritation. What is this? Is there a film playing or something? Eat your food quietly, he snaps. His voice cuts through the silence, prompting everyone to quickly return to their breakfast.

The atmosphere becomes quieter, though an undercurrent of unease remains.

Suddenly, Jimin feels a wave of nausea wash over him. As he is also pregnant, these bouts of sickness are not uncommon. He quickly covers his mouth and rushes to the washroom, trying to keep his composure. Yoongi watches him with concern etched on his face, but after a moment, he resumes eating his breakfast, trying to act normal.

Seeing Jimin in distress triggers something in Jungkook. He starts to feel a similar wave of nausea. Despite his efforts to control it, the feeling intensifies. His face pales, and he knows he won't be able to hold it back much longer.

Five minutes later, Jimin returns from the washroom, looking exhausted. He tiredly sits back down in his chair. Yoongi, still concerned, passes him a glass of water. Jimin takes it with a weak smile and starts drinking, trying to regain his strength.

Jungkook, watching Jimin's struggle, feels his own nausea peak. He quickly covers his mouth and bolts towards the washroom. Taehyung, noticing Jungkook's distress, gets up immediately, worry etched across his face.

Without hesitation, he follows Jungkook to the washroom, leaving the rest of the family in stunned silence. This catches Jimin off guard. He had always wished for more attention from Yoongi during such moments, but Yoongi had never followed him to the washroom when he felt sick.

In the washroom, Jungkook leans over the sink, trying to steady himself as waves of nausea hit. Taehyung enters and places a reassuring hand on his back. Take your time, Jungkook. It's okay, he says softly, his voice is filled with concern.

Jungkook, feeling the support, tries to calm down. The presence of Taehyung, despite their complicated relationship, brings him a strange sense of comfort. After a few moments, the nausea starts to subside.

Jungkook turns on the tap, splashes his face with cold water, and takes a few deep breaths. Are you feeling better? Taehyung asks gently.

Jungkook nods, still breathing heavily. Yeah, a little. Thank you for coming with me.Taehyung offers a small, reassuring smile. Of course. You and the baby are my responsibility.

Let's get you back to the table when you're ready. Jungkook nods again, feeling a bit more composed. They both take a moment before heading back to the dining room together. The family members glance at them as they return, a mixture of curiosity  in their eyes.

To be continued

Please feel free to share your opinions in the comment section. I’ll upload the next part only when I see that you’re actively sharing your thoughts.

Thanks!!!!!