Part - 41

Pov...

In the US

It's been exactly two days since Taehyung arrived in the US, and the meeting was successful. Taehyung and Namjoon worked really hard in those two days, only getting three hours of sleep. Taehyung's goal was to finish the work quickly and return to Seoul. He was really worried about Jungkook, but he didn't call him because he didn't want any distractions. He didn't want to extend his two-day business trip into three days in the US. Taehyung was also glad that Jungkook hadn't disturbed him either.

Finally, it's the third day, and Taehyung and Namjoon are heading to the airport. They're finally going back to Seoul. Taehyung just wanted to reach home as soon as possible, but he knew he'd have to wait.

Back in Seoul

After a long 15-hour flight, Taehyung and Namjoon finally arrived in Seoul. It was nighttime, around 10 PM. A driver had already been arranged to pick them up from the airport. No one at home knew that Taehyung and Namjoon were returning tonight; their arrival was a complete surprise.

Both of them wearily settled into the car, exhausted from the trip. Namjoon's only thought was to head straight to bed and finally get a full night of restful sleep. He was completely drained and needed to recharge. Taehyung, on the other hand, couldn't wait to get home and see Jungkook. Despite his exhaustion, all he wanted was to be with Jungkook as soon as possible.

When Taehyung and Namjoon arrived home, the house was quiet; no one was around. The only person they saw was the maid, who was busy cleaning the dining table. As soon as the maid noticed Taehyung and Namjoon entering, she quickly bowed in greeting and asked if they wanted anything to eat.

Namjoon, exhausted from the journey, immediately replied, "I don't want anything to eat," his voice was heavy with fatigue. Taehyung, though equally tired, simply said, "Bring it to my room in 15 minutes." The maid bowed again and quietly left to prepare the food.

Namjoon glanced over at Taehyung, stifling a yawn, then muttered, "I'm going to bed." Taehyung nodded in response, understanding Namjoon's need for rest. Without another word, Namjoon headed upstairs to his room.

After a few moments, Taehyung also made his way to his room, eager to see Jungkook and finally relax after the long, tiring trip.

---

In Their Room

Jungkook lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling with a heavy heart. It was the third day, and Taehyung still hadn't returned. His chest tightened with disappointment. He had been waiting all day, hoping that maybe today would be the day Taehyung walked through the door. But the silence of the room confirmed his worst fear-Taehyung wasn't coming.

He must be drowning in work, Jungkook thought, trying to comfort himself. Maybe he couldn't make it because of some last-minute meeting. But no matter how many excuses he made in his head, it didn't ease the loneliness. His hand twitched toward his phone, aching to hear Taehyung's voice, but he resisted. He couldn't bring himself to call, afraid of being seen as needy, afraid that Taehyung might sound too distant.

Suddenly, a wave of nausea crashed over him. His stomach twisted violently, and panic surged through his body. Without thinking, Jungkook shot up from the bed and rushed to the bathroom. His heart pounded in his chest as he barely made it to the sink in time, the urge to vomit overwhelming him. He gripped the edge of the counter, breathing heavily, his hands trembling.

Jungkook knew the cause. He was pregnant-carrying Taehyung's child-and this wave of sickness was just another reminder. Alone in the bathroom, with the sound of his own ragged breathing echoing around him, Jungkook felt the weight of everything crushing down on him. He longed for Taehyung's presence, for his comfort, but all he had was the cold, empty silence of the night.

Taehyung entered his room, frowning slightly when he saw it was empty. He had expected to see Jungkook waiting for him. But then, faint sounds from the bathroom caught his attention-the unmistakable noise of someone being sick. Taehyung sighed, his exhaustion weighing heavily on him. Loosening his tie and slipping off his coat, he could already tell what was happening.

Just as he set his coat down, Jungkook emerged from the washroom, looking pale and exhausted. Their eyes met across the room, a moment of surprise and realization washing over both of them. Jungkook's tired eyes widened in disbelief, seeing that Taehyung was really there, standing right in front of him.

Without a second thought, Jungkook broke into a run, his heart racing with relief. Taehyung's eyes widened in surprise as he watched him. "Jungkook, don't run!" he called out, concern lacing his voice. But Jungkook didn't stop. Before Taehyung could say anything else, Jungkook reached him and threw his arms around Taehyung, hugging him tightly as if he never wanted to let go.

Taehyung blinked in surprise for a moment, but then his arms naturally wrapped around Jungkook, holding him just as tightly. He could feel Jungkook's fast breathing against his chest, his own exhaustion fading in the warmth of the embrace.

"I missed you," Jungkook mumbled into Taehyung's chest, his voice small and soft.

Taehyung smiled gently, resting his chin on top of Jungkook's head. "I missed you too," he whispered, his voice filled with warmth. "I missed you and our baby. I thought about you the whole time I was away."

Jungkook pulled back slightly, just enough to look up at Taehyung. His eyes shimmered with unshed tears, but there was a soft smile on his lips. "Really?" he asked, his voice barely a whisper.

Taehyung nodded, brushing a thumb gently across Jungkook's cheek. "Of course. You're all I could think about. I couldn't wait to come back and see you... and to make sure both of you are okay."

Jungkook smiled, feeling his heart swell with warmth. "We're okay," he said softly, placing a hand on his belly. "But it's been hard without you."

Taehyung's eyes softened as he placed his hand over Jungkook's stomach, feeling the warmth of their growing child beneath. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone. I should have called, but I didn't want to distract myself. I just wanted to finish everything quickly and get back to you."

Jungkook leaned his forehead against Taehyung's chest, his heart calming in the safety of his arms. "You're here now. That's all that matters."

Taehyung smiled, tightening his hold on Jungkook. "I'm not going anywhere now. I'm here for you, and our little one." He bent down slightly, pressing a soft kiss to Jungkook's forehead. "I'm here."

Jungkook closed his eyes, savoring the moment, feeling the security and warmth of Taehyung's embrace. Finally, they were together, and that's all that mattered.

Jungkook hovered over Taehyung, burying his face into the crook of his neck, seeking solace as he snuggled closer. Taehyung gently played with Jungkook’s hair, his fingers weaving through the soft strands. But suddenly, he felt something wet against his skin, and he pulled back, his eyes widening in alarm.

“Jungkook?” Taehyung whispered, concern flooding his voice. “Why are you crying?” He cupped Jungkook’s face in his hands, tilting it to meet his gaze. “See, I’m here now. Why are you crying?”

Jungkook choked on his sobs, his breath hitching as he looked at Taehyung with glassy eyes. “We were about to lose our baby,” he said, his voice trembling with the weight of fear and anxiety, hiccups interrupting his words.

“What?” Taehyung’s eyes widened in disbelief, a mix of panic and protectiveness flooding his heart. “What do you mean?”

Jungkook took a shaky breath and recounted everything, his voice shaky but determined. He explained everything to Taehyung what Jennie did.

Taehyung listened intently, his expression turning blank as the reality of Jungkook’s words sank in. The air between them grew heavy with unspoken fear and a fierce need to protect what they held dear.

To be continued....