Love In A Time Of Crisis

TW// religious trauma, domestic abuse

Two hours later, things were not so bittersweet. The old women, who they learned was named Rose, had been called by a nurse and never came back.

Bad was in the bathroom, for the fourth time. He locked himself in the single bathroom and sat on the counter because it was cleaner than the floors and his legs were too numb to stand.

"God, please." Bad closed his eyes, pleading with his lord for the fourth time. "I know you're supposed to listen no matter what, so I know you can hear me. Please don't take him away. I know I'm not supposed to be in a relationship with him. But if you just let him live, I'll stop. If I have to...even though I really love him. Just don't take him. Please."

Bad wiped his face in his sleeve and sighed. "You can hurt me, but don't use him to punish me." Bad sniffled, still talking to the emptiness.

Tina knocked on the door softly. "Bad, Foolish is gone to find a nurse, to try to get some information for us."

Bad unlocked the door and put himself in Tina's arms again. "I've never been this scared in my life...Gosh, what if I never see him again?" Bad choked on his sob. "The last thing I said was that I'd call his mom and he'll be okay. I didn't say I love him before they took him. What if I never say it again?"

Tina rubbed his shoulders. "No, no. Come on, man. Don't spiral on me. They say no news is good news. They probably have him stable and got busy with a more fetal case."

"I hope so..." Bad sniffled. "I guess the trip is over..."

"Yeah but no one is disappointed, Bad. We're more worried about Skeppy." Tina squeezed Bad's shoulders. "He's literally got a hoard of people here to support him. Even if some of them are a little nuts."

Bad sighed. "Yeah, thanks for staying with me. But if anyone wants to get a train back home, I'd understand. We could be here for hours more.

"I'm tempted to just send Mariana home since he lives around here anyway. I'm sick of hearing him and Charlie be toxic."

"Yeah I wonder if they talk to Foolish like that when we aren't around."

"I'd kill them."

🏥🏥🏥

As Tina and Bad were walking back into the waiting area, Roier and Cellbit were leaving.

"Me and Cellbit are going to go home. If you need anything, you call me." Roier had a hand on Cellbit's arm.

"I don't do well under stress." Cellbit said bluntly, holding up his bitten hand. The skin was starting to crack in some places.

"We understand, go home and relax." Tina figured it was best if some people left anyway.

"Bad, if you need to be more comfortable. You can come back to our castle. If you need a place and it is closer than the hotel." Roier offered.

"No thanks, I'm staying right here."

"Ay, I understand it. When Cellbo was in the hospital after camp, I never sleep or eat. I just stay with him." Roier gently nudged Cellbit. "Let's go home, gatinho. Tina, Bad, call us if you hear any news."

"We will."

🏰🏰🏰

"I really hope he's okay." Cellbit said, fixing his side of the bed so the pillows were the way he liked them.