Chapter 11

It was the longest week of my career. Mark overloaded me with all kinds of paperwork. I even think that's his way of making me pay for Asher's choice.

I somehow took his place in the file, unknowingly, and he took it badly. Jamie pokes his head through my office doorway.

"Nova, are you almost finished?" She looks at me with a sad smile on her face.

"You can go on without me. I will join you after I finish entering this data into the electronic file", I told her with a discouraged air.

She enters my office and closes the door behind her. She takes a chair and draws it closer to me. She takes the file from me, filled with endless columns of numbers.

"Hold on! But what are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm helping you", she replies, as if I were stupid.

"Mark pulled the same trick on me when you challenged me, and I had to kiss him. It's his way of reminding us of our place", She rolls her eyes.

I stop entering the data to stare at her.

"I didn't know he was putting you through this hell, Jamie", I told her in a heartbroken tone.

And I really do mean it. Having known that she suffered all this injustice, I would have helped her. Instead, we continued to tease her.

"Come on Nova, I'm too proud to complain. I will give you the numbers. You just have to enter them, okay? I don't want to go out to Nobes without you", She said, making doe eyes.

***
Nobes is a brand-new nightclub that has just opened its doors. They reportedly are very selective about who they bring in. Jamie has been telling us about it all week.

She is very impatient to go and she absolutely wants to make a grand entrance. That's why my bag is full of spare clothes.

For my part, it consists of a tight red dress that comes down to mid-thigh. It fits my shape perfectly and shows just the right amount of my neckline. I brought a pair of high heels that highlight the slenderness of my legs and the curve of my butt.

Two hours later, Jamie and I are walking into the new bar, laughing like kids. The bouncer let us in without any problems. We can say that two carefully dressed and made-up young women open all the doors.

All smiles, we approach the table, where our friends applauded us. Lee whistles approvingly when he sees us approach.

"Sexy, girls! I hope I have the privilege of dancing with one of you tonight", He continues, raising his eyebrows.

I smile at him, turning my head from side to side. I like these people, and they like me too. No need to say anything; they know exactly what I went through this week. I am very grateful to them, because without them, I would not have made it.

Jason slides a shot of whisky across the table, and it stops in front of me, winking. As Anna calls the bartender over.

"The first tour is for me, friends! " She said enthusiastically.

I look around me to soak up the atmosphere. Three bars with a huge dance floor in the middle surrounds me. Several high metal tables are scattered throughout the room.

At the back, a VIP lounge has huge red leather sofas elegantly arranged around coffee tables.

A starry ceiling hangs over us, and lights are scattered around the room. A DJ is on the second floor, and its turntables are impressive.

Everyone around us is well dressed and having a lot of fun. People fill the dance floor, swaying to the sound of loud music from the speakers. I love this place.

The weekend is off to a great start, and I think it will help relieve the stress of the past week. What's better than drinking and dancing to clear your head?

"Nova! Come on, let's dance", Jamie and Anna shout in unison.

The girls rush to the dance floor as soon as they finish their drinks. Em joined us as soon as she found out where we were. Anna and Jamie really like her, and I think the feeling is mutual.

My favourite blondie already has a guy who dances with her, and she seems to like him. She looks at me, and I give her a thumbs-up of approval. She smiles back at me and focuses on her new date for the evening.

We danced as if our lives depended on it. After several dances and many drinks, I have to go to the bathroom. Walking past the private section of the bar, a group of people sitting in chairs draws my eye immediately, the majority of whom are women.

They are all more beautiful than the others. They giggle while sipping expensive champagne from crystal glasses.

In the middle of the group is none other than Mr. Tates himself. I try to keep going without attracting his attention. I really don't want him to see me here.

Looking ahead and trying to keep my focus on the toilet, I hear someone call my name.