Chapter 13

There's no way I'm going to drop her off. I must keep her safe at all costs. Seeing her there, in the hands of that scumbag Asher Tate, makes me incredibly angry.

I feel her wiggle to get out of my grip. I inhale sharply again under the influence of anger and tighten her body against my shoulder.

She stops squirming and after a moment of calm, she starts hitting my lower back with the palms of her hands. I laugh inside, knowing how much I miss her fiery temperament after all these years.

"Impossible baby... Trust me on this point, you'd better follow me without asking any questions."

"Knox, I won't repeat myself, let me down right now!" she said to me in a voice tinged with anger.

I continue on my way, and after a moment, she relaxes and let's go, abandoning herself against me. Her warmth and sweet vanilla scent envelop me in an unexpected softness.

I slowly release my grip while remaining vigilant. You never know if I'm going to run into one of Tate's men. This bastard has hindered me for thousands of years.

Asher and I have a long history of absolute hatred. As children of Sun and Night, we have always hated each other because we are opposites.

As a child of the solar god, I aspire to protect all life on this planet. Supporting peace at all costs, I cannot conceive of the world other than with positivism and kindness.

While Asher only wants to cause chaos and destruction in the world. Seeing Novalie in the clutches of my enemy reminds me all too well of the last time the world was destroyed. It took thousands of years to rebuild it to what it is today.

It is unimaginable that something like this would happen again. I must keep Novalie safe and out of Tates' dirty hands at all costs.

"Baby, I'm just making sure you're safe. So please let me do it", I begged her in my deep, hard voice.

"Get to safety... Knox, this is ridiculous. You're just jealous because you saw me with this man. Besides... I don't even know why I'm telling you this. I don't owe you any explanation!", She says vehemently.

Me, jealous, if she knew. She continues her tirade without letting me say a word.

"You have no rights over me! You're not even my boyfriend! The fact that you fucked me once doesn't give you any rights over me!"

She's a real fury right now and even if I tried to make her listen to reason, she wouldn't even listen to me. She has a hot temper and can get angry if you upset her. Her salacious language can't stop me from smiling.

"Correction, I fucked you more than once", I teased her without being able to suppress a smile.

I can't see her face, but I assume she's outraged, because her little body is wriggling beneath me and it's turning me on a lot.

I can't hide the fact that Novalie is a bomb. I don't think she knows how sexy her body is. I grip her firm thighs more firmly and place her against my shoulder.

My fingers slide along her soft, fiery skin. Her ass bounces with every step I take, and her breasts press against me, which turns me on more than I would like.

"Very funny. So you're going to kidnap me like that, without explanation?", She adds forcefully.

I finally arrive at my car which I had parked a little further away so as not to attract attention. I approach the passenger-side door and open it carefully, placing Novalie inside.

She lets it happen and I take the opportunity to tuck a lock of her sublime golden and fiery hair behind her ear. I bring my face closer to hers and her pupils dilate slightly as I approach.

"All I want is for you to let me out of here as quickly as possible," I tried to coax her with my deep voice.

She crosses her arms defiantly and raises her green eyes at me.

"And if I let you do it, will you tell me why this jealousy attack?"

"Okay", I conceded reluctantly, knowing very well that I will never have the last word with her.

I grab his seat belt and buckle it while smiling and rush to the driver's side. I slide into the seat and press the start button.

The engine rumbles loudly, "I love this car," I thought. I then step on the accelerator to get into traffic.

Several minutes pass in absolute silence. I glance in Nova's direction and notice that she still has her arms crossed over her chest, causing her magnificent breasts to rise even higher on her throat.

I swallow and look away reluctantly. I know her as well as the back of my hand, and I know that she's still angry with me. I also know that she needs time to calm down.

I sigh softly, because I hate this phase. The awakening phase. This is the time when she no longer remembers me, Asher or who she is. After her rebirth, she experiences a period of amnesia until her body begins to mature and her gifts develop.

She doesn't realize it yet, but she started to change as soon as she saw me in that bar. It's always me who finds her first. This is one of my gifts. I glance at her briefly, and I see that she watches the illuminated city passing through the window.

I sigh again, but I give her a little more time. I have to go easy on her, because she might get scared and run away from me. That wouldn't be good at all.

The fact that she hasn't yet regained her memories worries me greatly. I know because she didn't recognize me or even that bastard Tates.

The three of us are ancient history. In fact, since the creation of the world. I can't wait for her to remember me. How I've missed her all these years.