Chapter 33

My heart is racing as Asher has just kissed me passionately. What is his problem ? I don't have clear ideas; my head is still spinning from the conflicting emotions that are overwhelming me.

I'm angry at him for interfering in that way, with that kiss, which activated my powers. I must admit that my body responded positively to all this, as if it were necessary to trigger the rest.

It was a little like my body needed it, even though I didn't realize it. Even my lips tingle where his lips met mine, reminding me of their sweet warmth.

My chest rises and falls quickly as my breathing tries to return to normal. Asher grabs my wrist and pulls me towards him again. His piercing gaze fixes on my lips once more before returning to my eyes. I'm frozen in place like a fawn in front of the headlights of a car. I'm trapped by his gaze as I bite my lower lip.

"What if I wanted to start again?" He said to me without deviating his gaze from mine and keeping my wrist trapped in his warm hand.

I could deny that I don't feel the same way he does right now, but that would be lying. My angry reaction wasn't dedicated to Asher, but to the surprise that he caught me off guard when I least expected it. In truth, my body is dying for him to hold me close to him again.

Maybe I could still unleash more power? As I realize this fact, I move closer to him. His pupils dilate in response to my movement and my proximity and he releases my wrist, allowing me to move freely. I slide my hand to the back of his neck and run my fingers through his thick hair.

His pupils dilate even more and a smile of victory appears on his lips. He knows he won the game from the start. I could bet he has to win every time. I slowly raise my hand to place it delicately on his cheek. This meets his well-groomed beard, which frames his face, and I was surprised to note how soft it was, without any itching.

Asher grabs my hips and pulls me even closer, making a feeling of power rise inside me. I bring my mouth to his, taking my time. I like this anticipation. His warm breath brushes my skin and it gives me a delicious shiver. As my mouth delicately touches his, the door to his office suddenly opens. I pull my hand away and push Asher away. He turns towards the door, glaring at the intruder for disturbing us as the heat increased between us.

"Sir, an emergency!" The demon said nervously as it looked at me.

It's strange, usually I get bad or disgusted looks. This piques my curiosity. I casually move around the room without attracting attention, then stop in front of a painting that seems very interesting. I pretend to look at it while my ears are listening.

"Nasbyl, I hope for you this is really important" said Asher in a voice tinged with anger and coldness.

His words express his anger, which makes me shake slightly.

"Oh... yes... yes, Sir" said poor Nasbyl, stuttering as Asher stood in front of him with a dark look.

"I'm listening to you and don't waste my time" continues Asher.

"Eh... Sir, I think that we should do this privately" said the demon, glancing at me before looking away.

He's acting really weird and unusual. I then turn away from my contemplation and slowly approach Asher.

"I can leave you if you want?"

He nods to me.

"I'll come see you later. I believe our discussion is far from over" He says as I walk through the office door to let them handle the emergency.

"A spy has just returned to the camp and an attack seems to be preparing."

I take my time closing the door behind me, hoping to hear a few more snippets of their conversation along the way.

"I'm listening to you."

Once outside, I stay behind the door for a moment listening to what they're saying. I have trouble hearing, but it seems like the Light clan is getting ready to attack the Dark clan. Knox believes I'm captive and that Asher is holding me against my will.

Nasbyl doesn't know all the details, including the location of the confrontation or the time, which makes Asher extremely angry so I decide to return to my room. I wouldn't want him to find me spying on him.

***

That evening Asher didn't come to meet me as promised, nor the following ones. In fact, I suspect he avoids me as much as possible. I know this, because he didn't come to any of my training sessions, and he had one of his henchmen cancels all our walks.

It seems like he's been missing for the last five days. My ego certainly suffered, but I did use all my spare time to hone my skills. Once my training with Nestor is finished, I rush to my room to practise more. I'm proud of what I'm now able to accomplish.

I have perfect control over black smoke. I can make these scrolls easily, and I can now crawl them over a long distance. I also have the ability to alter the senses of my opponents, paralyze my enemies and use hellfire.

To be able to produce orange and black flames, I understood that I had to combine my gift for fire with my dark mist. I also noticed that I'm stronger and more enduring than before, which is quite fascinating, because I have never been very sporty in this life. I could do all this thanks to Asher's guidance.

He was a real tyrant, but he helped me unlock some hidden memories inside me. Images came back to me of me meditating and compartmentalizing a part of my brain to target the power I want to use. I realized the extent of my powers, which made it easier for me to follow Asher's suggestion to clear my mind and isolate the power I was seeking.

Then, like an alchemist, I add an element to see what I can create. So, I feel proud to have evolved so quickly and without anyone's help. I didn't use my new powers in front of Nestor or other demons. I don't want anyone to know that I'm so strong and have mastered the Dark Gifts. I don't know why I'm doing this, but something deep inside of me forbids me from telling anyone about it just yet.

For the past two days, I have also started to find time dragging on. Five days with almost no one to talk to me except Nestor. Tonight, it's decided, I will leave the mansion and return home. Anyway, Asher isn't here and I have to get back to work. I heard a demon earlier saying that Asher had to go I don't know where to get I don't know what and that doesn't matter to me. All I care about is getting out of here without attracting attention.

It's the perfect time, without Asher around to threaten to chain me and keep me prisoner. His contract is void anyway. He hasn't helped me for five days. He can put his contract where I think! I planned to leave the mansion when it got dark. I will be able to go unnoticed in the surrounding darkness.

I'll use the trail I took with Asher on our walks. He had accidentally pointed me north while telling me about the mountains facing north. I know I live down south, so I'll just have to head to the mountains. The only problem is that I don't have access to my cell phone. It's in a safe in Asher's office. This was another condition for his help; no distractions during my training sessions.

This will make my life a little more complicated, but with my physical fitness, I will be able to go to a village and call a taxi. I also stole some food from the kitchen to keep my energy levels up. In my bag are clothes that will keep me warm, even if I don't think I need them. My plan would work, so I just had to wait it out by taking a nap until the sun went down.