Chapter 38

I wake up on the floor, semiconscious, as I see him inserting a liquid shiny substance into objects.

My heart and body hurt so much that I can't move. The pain that comes from it paralyzes me and I risk losing consciousness again if I dare to move. I breathe in and close my eyes trying to activate my healing gift, but nothing happens. The pain doesn't subside and my power can't heal me because of this thing still inside me.

I turn my eyes back to Asher. He's ecstatic to see that his plan worked. This hurts me deeply although I thought we were friends. I trusted him although everyone had warned me to stay away from him. My generous and naive heart tightens when I realize that the whole friendship was just a charade.

When he's finished, these objects light up with an orange colour and project waves which suddenly attract me and which amplify my agony.

"Asher what did you do to me? Help me, I'm in pain." I implore him while writhing in pain once again.

He approaches me and shows me the objects: a ring and a sceptre.

"These are objects that I filled with your essence," he explains to me with pride.

If I wasn't in so much pain, I could admire these magical objects, but the pain is unbearable. Besides, I don't understand what he wants to do with my essence and it makes me angry that he abused me like that. Seeing that I don't react, he continues.

"This will help me control your immense power."

"He wants to control me or my powers," ​​I thought.

His goal was never to help me; it was to steal part of my gifts and use them against the Clan of Light. He leans towards me and sucks this thing that was inside me. Instant relief spreads throughout my body and my healing occurs spontaneously.

The pain is gone now. I get up angry at him for stealing a part of me for his evil plans. I activate my flames and my whole body burns. I meet his dark gaze for a moment.

"You shouldn't have broken my trust," I tell him as I grab him by surprise.

I let my power unleash and Asher begins to scream in pain. I want him to suffer like he made me suffer. I unleash all my powers against him. A tiny part of him sticks to my hand as he pulls away from me, angry and cursing at me.

"How dare you attack me, the son of the Night God!" he threatens me as he walks away.

He then grabs the ring and puts it on his finger. A feeling of calm instantly overwhelms me.

"Novalie I want you to stop attacking me immediately," he orders me in a harsh voice.

I raise my head high, staring at him with my eyes filled with anger. If he thinks I'll let him get away with it, he can go to hell. I command my flames to grow, but instead I feel a gagging in my chest, and my flames stop completely.

"What the hell is happening to me?" I thought worriedly as my mind blurred and my body relaxed.

I then enter a trance forced by this object filled with my essence. I see Asher smile at me when he realizes that I can no longer take my eyes off this orange glow that projects its magic on me. I lose all sense of what is happening around me and my free will. My body and my soul can only respond to the one who carries my essence.

"Good," Asher said to me in a more relaxed tone.

He approaches me once more and caresses my cheek. Feelings of well-being and security invade me at his touch. All I want is for him to continue and prolong this caress.

"I had to impose this on you to protect mine. Without my intervention, you would have destroyed my chance to destroy the world."

He sighs deeply, putting his regrets aside and takes my cheek in his hand to place his lips on mine once again. My body reacts to his with urgent need. My lips burn with desire and follow the languorous and desperate rhythm of Asher's. A feeling of euphoria takes hold of me then everything disappears into a black hole.