(Chapter 45)Mother Mary

Peter brought May breakfast in bed before leaving.

He arrives at the cemetery at around 7:00 in the morning. Peter lays down Violets at his Mother’s grave.

“Hey, Mom. Dad. How are you guys doing?”

Peter loves his Aunt and Uncle dearly, but they could never replace his actual parents.

“Happy mothers day, Mom.” Peter feels a tear slip out of his left eye.

“I wish I had the chance to know you guys better.”

Peter sits in silence for a while remembering the short time he spent with his parents.

He remembers his Father had the best bedtime stories. He also remembered his Mother had the best singing voice and cooking he’d ever heard or tasted.

“I love you, Mom, Dad.” Peter gets up and starts to walk away from the cemetery.

From up above in heaven two figures were watching Peter closely.

“Oh, my poor baby,” Mary said with tears in her eyes.

“It’s okay Mary, he’ll be okay,” Richard tells his wife while trying to calm her down.

“Are you better now?” Richard hugs Mary close to him.

“Mhm.” Mary nods into his chest.

“I should probably go join Ben and talk to mom.” Richard detaches from his wife and walks away.

Mary just keeps watching her baby. She still hasn’t forgiven her mother for sleeping with Peter. Even if she had amnesia that is no way to act with your grandson.