Chapter 25

Echo moved about the base in her wheelchair but she kept bumping into walls and a voice spoke up behind her. " Echo are you ok?"

Echo turned her blind gaze to the owner of the voice. " Oh Plunger, it's you....no I am not ok...I thought I would get use to being blind but it's still difficult to navigate around without bumping into alliance members or walls." 

Plunger cameraman knelt down beside her. "Well Echo, you can always ask for help. I can help you navigate around the base if you need it." 

Echo smiled weakly. "Thank you, Plunger cameraman. It means a lot." 

Echo continued to navigate around the base with the help of Plunger cameraman, and slowly but surely, she began to find her way again. Even though she would always be blind and paralyzed the orphaned pup followed Echo and plunger cameraman around. Echo growled as she sensed the pup. " what do you want pup?" She asked

. The pup yipped and wagged its tail. "Give me milk mommy." 

Echo sighed and she spoke up. " I am sorry but I can't give you milk." 

The pup looked up at her with sad eyes. Plunger cameraman felt pity for the pup and picked it up. "I will take care of him." He said.

 Echo nodded. "Thank you, Plunger cameraman." 

Echo whined and she called after Plunger cameraman. " if there was a way for me to have my own pup would you let me know?" 

Plunger cameraman nodded and said. "I'll ask around. Maybe someone can help us." 

Death the speakerman of the dead walked up to echo. " Echo is your desire to have your own pup that strong?" He asked. 

Echo nodded and Death spoke again " very well I will grant you this desire." 

Death held up his hand as a flame appears in his hand. " This is the fire of life."

 He placed his hand on Echo's back and the flame entered her body. " you now have a pup growing inside you...It was something my anthro wolf wife wanted but Could never have so I promised her I would find a wolf fertile enough sterile or not too have my child...my wife agreed to this."

Death turned around and vanished Into thin air. As the days went by titan speakerman and the rest of the alliance grew suspicious of Echo's growing belly. Titan Tv man teleported to echo. " echo, you need to stop eating your getting too fat...and we all know you are not pregnant because you got sterilized and should not have pups."

 Echo sighed. " I am pregnant and I feel very uncomfortable in this wheelchair...and I am very hungry I need something to eat like a whole cow."

 Titan Tv man looked shocked. " you are pregnant? But how?"

 Echo smiled. "Death the speakerman of the dead gave me the gift of life...and I am going to name my pup Aiken it means Made of scars."

 Titan Tv man still didn't believe her. "Prove it." He demanded. 

Echo nodded. "I will when it's born...but until then please let me rest and eat what I need."

 Titan Tv man still didn't believe her. "Fine...I'll let you eat but don't overdo it...and you still need to explain how you got pregnant." He said before teleporting away. 

Days passed and Echo's pregnancy continued to progress. She grew larger and larger, causing many in the alliance to whisper and gossip about her condition. Some believed her, while others remained skeptical. The day finally came when Echo gave birth to a male pup the doctors had echo on a bed unhooked from her wheelchair and she was laying on her side as her pup  nursed. The pup was born with a black coat and red markings and white on his chest. Titan tv man teleported to echo. " so you were pregnant..now tell me how did this happen?" 

Echo smiled. "Death the speakerman of the dead granted me the gift of life and a pup to raise...and I have named him Aiken."

 Titan Tv man still didn't believe her. "I don't know how you explain this but I guess we will have to take your word for it...Congratulations Echo." He said before teleporting away.

Echo looked down With her blind eyes at her newborn pup and smiled. "Hello Aiken...welcome to the world."

Titan Speakerman walked over to echo. " guess that makes me a grandfather and Titan tv man a great  grandfather...i feel old." He chuckled. 

Echo smiled up at him. "You'll make an ok grandfather...and Aiken will grow up to be a fine wolf...despite him being the son of Death." 

Echo sniffed the air and growled as Titan TV man teleported over to her. "So you're calling me old...I'll have you know I can still kick your butt titan speakerman!" Titan Tv man laughed.

Echo begun to cough and gag as she had a hard time breathing. "What's wrong Echo?" Titan Speakerman asked worriedly.

 Echo begun to twitch and foam at her jaws and she begun to have a seizure.

Echo started to shake violently as foam fell from her jaws. Titan speakerman looked alarmed. "Echo is having another seizure!" He shouted.

Titan TV man rolled his tv head. "I can see that...what do you want me to do about it?" 

Titan Speakerman shouted. "Call a doctor!" 

Titan TV man shouted back. "They're all busy with the war! I'm doing the best I can!" 

Titan Speakerman yelled. "Then you're doing a terrible job!" Titan TV man shouted back.

Echo continued to seize as her newborn pup Aiken let out whimpers. Titan Speakerman tried to calm the pup down, but it was no use. Echo shook more violently and showed no signs of her seizure stopping. The two argued as the rest of the alliance watched in horror, unsure of what to do. Eventually, the seizure subsided, and Echo lay limp on the bed her sides rose and fell as her breath was a bit shaky. Echo opened her blind eyes but is unable to speak. He opened her jaws to speak but no sound came out of her jaws. Titan TV man and Titan Speakerman looked at each other.

"Well...that was...unpleasant." Titan TV man said. 

Titan Speakerman nodded in agreement. "She'll need to rest now...and hopefully, she'll be back to her old self soon." 

Titan Tv man nodded and teleported away, leaving Titan Speakerman to tend to Echo and Aiken. When Echo finally recovered from her seizure she was still unable to speak and no matter how hard she tried no sound came out of her jaws. Titan Speakerman was worried about her condition. He decided to consult with a doctor to find out what was wrong with her. The doctor returned from examining echo. " it seems the seizure took her voice...she won't be able to speak, bark or whine she will only be in silence...but there might be a way for her to speak...surgery. " the doctor said. 

Titan Speakerman was hesitant. "And what are the risks of the surgery?" He asked. 

"There's always a risk of permanent damage or death...but it's the only way for her to speak again." The doctor replied. 

Titan Speakerman looked at Echo who was watching him with pleading eyes. He sighed and nodded. "All right...let's do it...but I want the best surgeon in the alliance working on her." 

The doctor nodded and left to make arrangements for the surgery. The day of the surgery arrived, and Echo was brought to the operating room. Echo was put to sleep and the doctor cut open her throat to perform the surgery. The doctors hands were covered in blood. Echo soon stopped breathing as the doctor accidentally cut a vital vein in the throat. The doctor panicked and quickly tried to stop the bleeding. After several minutes of frantic work, the bleeding finally stopped. The doctor sighed in relief and sewed up Echo's throat. He waited for her to wake up, anxious to see if the surgery had been successful But echo did not wake up.