03

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

"Sunjae oppa!" she called out, her voice ringing out clearly.

As Sunjae reached the gate to his home, he paused for a moment, glancing back over his shoulder. There, standing a few paces behind him, was Sol, her expression a mix of hesitation and determination.

Sunjae turned fully to face her, a warm smile spreading across his features.

Sol took a deep breath, steeling her nerves. "I... I wanted to apologize," she said slowly. "For what my brother did earlier, with the teasing and all that. I know it was embarrassing, and I just want you to know that I had nothing to do with it..really!"

Sunjae's expression softened, and he took a step closer to her. "Don't worry about it," he reassured her, his tone gentle. "It's not a big deal."

"But it is a big deal to me," Sol mumbled to herself, her brow furrowing in a slight frown.

Sunjae couldn't help but notice the slight frown that lingered on Sol's face. He paused, quietly, he unzipped his bag and began rummaging through its contents, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Sol-ah," he said softly, his voice carrying a hint of warmth. "Well, I happen to have something that might cheer you up."

With a flourish, he withdrew a small package, its vibrant pink wrapping immediately catching Sol's eye. "You like these, don't you?"

Sol's eyes lit up with recognition, and a genuine smile blossomed on her face. "Jelly?", she asked, her earlier frown completely forgotten.

Sunjae chuckled, holding the package out to her as Sol slowly reached out, "Thank you.." she murmured, her voice soft and sincere.

Sunjae's smile widened, and he nodded in acknowledgment. "Sure," he replied, his tone equally soft and genuine.

"I'll get going now", as Sunjae made his way through the gate, he paused for a moment, glancing back at Sol ,"Oh, and by the way," he said, his voice carrying a hint of anticipation, "the exam results are going to be out tomorrow. Let's see how you do, okay?"

Sol's eyes widened, a mixture of excitement and apprehension flickering across her face. "The exam results?" she echoed, her fingers tightening around the package of jellies Sunjae had just given her.

Sunjae nodded, his gaze unwavering. He smiled as his hand lingering for a moment before it reached on top of her head. "See you tomorrow, Sol-ah," he said, his voice soft and full of promise.

 "See you tomorrow, Sol-ah," he said, his voice soft and full of promise

"Smile a little bit, will you?", He chuckled," I know you've been working really hard, I'm sure you're going to do great

"Smile a little bit, will you?", He chuckled," I know you've been working really hard, I'm sure you're going to do great."

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

As Sol sat on the edge of her bed, the package of jellies held gently in her hands, Sunjae's words suddenly echoed in her mind, washing over her like a gentle wave.

"Wait until you enter university," he said, his words carrying a weight that belied their simplicity.

Sol's fingers traced the vibrant pink wrapping, her brow furrowing as she replayed the conversation in her memory.

"Then, if you still feel the same way, you can ask me again. But for now, let's focus on your studies and your future, okay?"

Sol's heart fluttered, the implications of his words sinking in. He wasn't dismissing her feelings, but rather, he was asking her to wait – to focus on her own growth and development before revisiting the idea of a deeper connection between them - At least that's what she think.

Feeling a renewed sense of purpose, Sol rose from her bed and crossed the room to her neatly organized study table. Her eyes scanned the calendar hanging on the wall, the pages marked with various important dates and reminders.

Reaching for a pen, Sol carefully counted the months - years, her brow furrowing slightly as she calculated the time it would take for her to enter university.

"It's going to be a long wait," she murmured to herself, her voice tinged with a hint of wistfulness.

Gently, she placed the pen against the calendar, drawing a small circle around the date that marked the beginning of the university entrance exams. This was the milestone she needed to focus on – the gateway to the next chapter of her life.

As Sol's fingers lingered on the calendar, her mind drifted to Sunjae and the difference in their ages

"Sunjae oppa will be 25 by the time I enter university..," she whispered, the realization settling in like a gentle rain.

The four-year gap between them suddenly felt more significant, a tangible reminder of the growth and experiences that would shape them in the years to come

The four-year gap between them suddenly felt more significant, a tangible reminder of the growth and experiences that would shape them in the years to come. Sunjae's advice to wait and focus on her own future now held an even deeper resonance.

Sol's hand moved to the page, drawing a small heart next to the circled date, a silent promise to herself that she would make the most of this time – to grow, to learn, and to become the person she aspired to be.

As Sol's eyes lingered on the calendar, she felt a surge of determination course through her veins.

Straightening her posture, Sol reached out and gently traced the circle she had drawn around the university entrance exam date before she shifted her gaze to sunjae's bedroom window across her study table.

"Wait for me, oppa," she whispered, her voice laced with unwavering resolve. In that moment, Sol made a silent vow – a promise not only to Sunjae, but to herself.

"I will run diligently to you," she murmured, her gaze hardening with conviction," to where you are!"

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡