28

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

Sol pursed her lips as they slowly strolled through the park, the spring blossoms that adorned the trees created an ethereal atmosphere around them

The soft petals drifted down in a gentle flurry, adding to the dreamlike quality of the cold night. Sol couldn't help but be captivated by the sheer beauty of their surroundings, her eyes darting from one blossom-laden branch to the next.

"It's so pretty here," she breathed, her voice tinged with wonder. "I can't believe it's already spring."

Sunjae nodded in agreement, his gaze fixed on Sol's face as she took in the enchanting scene. "It is," he said softly, though his eyes held a far deeper appreciation than the mere aesthetics of the park.

Sol could feel Sunjae's eyes on her, and she found herself hyper-aware of every movement, every gesture. The butterflies in her stomach were in full flutter, and she had to resist the urge to glance over at him, afraid of what she might see in his expression.

"- The..the stars do look beautiful tonight as well," she stammered, her voice slightly tremulous as she tilted her head back to gaze up at the twinkling sky.

Though it was clear his attention was firmly fixed on the woman beside him.

Sunjae's features softened, and he followed her line of sight, "They do," he murmured softly.

Sol could feel the weight of Sunjae's gaze upon her, and she took a deep breath, trying to steady the flutter of her heart.

Glancing up at him, she squinted her eyes slightly,"Oppa, are you really going to keep looking at me like that?"

"Aren't we here to see the stars?" she continued, a small chuckle escaping her lips. Then, her eyes softly searching his face. "But..why the stars, though?"

"Because you like it," he replied simply, his voice low and sincere,"..right?"

"- My dearest Sunjae oppa..", Sunjae began slowly.

"when I think of you, I am reminded of the beauty that surrounds us – "

"the spring blossoms that dance in the breeze, and the stars that twinkle in the night sky..."

Sunjae paused, his gaze lingered on Sol's, waiting for her reaction.

At first, her brow furrowed in confusion, the familiar phrases sparking a faint recognition deep within her. But then, realization slowly dawned on her.

Her eyes widened and a small gasp escaping her lips as the truth hit her like a thunderbolt.