15

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

Sol walked the halls of Yeonseo University, a million questions swirled in her mind. What could possibly have brought Sunjae back here after all these years? He had left this neighborhood behind long ago.

Sol paused outside a classroom, checking her map to confirm the room number. "This is it," she murmured to herself, recognizing the module class she had taken during orientation.

Hesitantly, Sol entered the classroom and took a seat, when suddenly, a cheerful voice interrupted her reverie. "Hi there!"

"I'm Hyunjoo, Lee Hyunjoo." The girl beside her flashed a friendly smile. "Are you a freshmen also here?"

Sol blinked, momentarily caught off guard. "Oh, uh, yes, I'm a freshman. I'm Sol..Im Sol." She offered a warm smile in return.

"It's nice to meet you!" Hyunjoo exclaimed. "Are you part of any clubs yet?"

At the mention of the clubs, Sol felt a sudden wave of panic. Her mind flashed back to the chaos she had caused at the music club tent earlier. Shutting her eyes tightly, she whispered to herself, "Not again, please not again."

Taking a deep breath, Sol spoke up. "..Actually, I did register for a club earlier. It just I'm not sure if I'm an official member or not.."

"What club?" Hyunjoo asked, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

Sol felt her heart race. "Uh, the...the musi-"

"The music club?", Hyunjoo blurted out. "Assaa!! I'm in the music club as well!", Hyunjoo's face lit up with delight, cutting off Sol's sentence. "That's amazing!"

Before Sol could respond, suddenly, a booming voice echoed through the school hall's PA system, causing Sol's eyes to grow wider with dread.

"Attention all music club members! New recruits, please gather in the performance hall immediately. We have an important announcement!"

Shot! That's baek Inhyuk's voice!

Sol felt her heart sink. "I'm doomed!" she whispered to herself, her eyes filled with a mixture of fear and resignation.

"Ooh, that's us!" Hyunjoo exclaimed, grabbing Sol's hand. "Come on, let's go!"

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

Reluctantly, Sol allowed herself to be dragged along, her mind racing with a million anxious thoughts. "How am I going to get out of this?" she wondered, her gaze darting around the crowded hallways, desperately searching for any possible escape route.

As Hyunjoo enthusiastically led Sol toward the performance hall, she couldn't help but notice the subtle shifts in her new friend's demeanor.

At first, Hyunjoo didn't think much of it, chalking it up to the normal nerves that came with being a freshmen. But as they drew closer to their destination, Sol's behavior became increasingly peculiar.

She noticed Sol's strange attempts to conceal herself. At one point, she watched as Sol carefully positioned her long strands of hair to obscure her face, and a few moments later, she saw the girl trying to disappear behind the collar of her jacket.

"Is everything okay?" Hyunjoo asked, her brow furrowed with concern.

"Huh? Oh, yes, yes, everything's fine!" Sol replied, her voice a little too high-pitched to be convincing.