02

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

(14-year-old Sol)

It was a crisp autumn afternoon when 14-year-old Sol gathered the courage to approach Sunjae, her longtime neighbor who treats her like a mere younger sister

It was a crisp autumn afternoon when 14-year-old Sol gathered the courage to approach Sunjae, her longtime neighbor who treats her like a mere younger sister. Her heart pounded in her chest as she clutched the neatly folded letter in her trembling hands.

"Oh? Sol-ah?", Sunjae asked as he pushed the gate of his house, revealing Sol with a faint smile plastered on her face.

"Sunjae oppa," she began, her voice barely above a whisper. "I... I have something I want to tell you."

Sunjae, a few years older at 17, turned to face her, his brow furrowed with concern. "What is it, Sol-ah?"

Taking a deep breath, Sol steeled her nerves and looked directly into Sunjae's eyes. "I... I think have feelings for you.." She felt her cheeks flush with heat as she extended the letter towards him.

Sunjae's eyes widened in surprise, he seemed at a loss for words,"-Oh?"

"Oppa, I like you!"

For a moment, Sunjae seemed taken aback, his expression frozen in surprise. Sol held her breath, her heart pounding in her chest as she waited for his response.

Then, slowly, a warm smile spread across Sunjae's face. He reached out and gently took the letter from her trembling hands, their fingers brushing against each other in a fleeting moment of contact.

"Sol-ah," he said softly, his voice laced with a tenderness that made her heart flutter. Reaching out, Sunjae placed his hand atop her head, his touch sending a familiar comfort through her.

"You're still so young. You're in 8th grade right? You haven't even graduated from middle school yet." Sunjae chuckled softly.

The air was thick with tension as Sol stood before Sunjae, her heart brimming with hope and vulnerability. But the response she received was not the one she had anticipated.

Suddenly, the reality of the situation dawned on Sol, and her world crumbled around her. Her eyes welled with tears, and she felt her knees grow weak as the weight of Sunjae's rejection threatened to overwhelm her.

Sunjae's expression shifted, his brow furrowing with a mixture of concern and unease. "Sol-ah, I..." he began, hesitation lacing his words.

" he began, hesitation lacing his words