08

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

"By chance... do you have someone special in your heart right now?"

"Why?" he teased, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Are you looking down on me now that you have a boyfriend?" He let out a soft chuckle, the sound warm and familiar.

Sol was momentarily taken aback when Sunjae suddenly reached up and gently squeezed her nose, his touch feather-light and playful.

Sol blinked,"oh?-No, n-no, it's not like that!"

"why are you asking that question?", Sunjae asked softly.

"J-just because? Maybe.."

"Umm maybe if you have someone special I can ask for any love tips?", she laughed awkwardly.

Sunjae's expression softened, and he let his hand fall away from her face,"love tips?"

"Why? Your boyfriend doesn't treats you well?"

"Sol-ah..you can have a boyfriend, but don't ignore your studies, okay?", He continued.

That's not the conversation she was expected!

"-I-I won't," she stammered, her gaze lowered as she shut her eyes closed.

Sunjae nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "Good." He paused, then his face suddenly lit up with an idea. "how about this?"

"Go to school and study hard," Sunjae continued, "And if you excel in your 10th-grade studies, I'll take you anywhere you want to go. I'll even buy you all the delicious food you want! How's that?"

"Oh?", Sol couldn't help but stare at him, momentarily speechless. "I..." she began, her voice soft. "I'd like that..sure!"

A smile spread across Sunjae's face, and he reached out to ruffle her hair affectionately. "Okay, It's a deal then"

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

As Sol sat at her study table, gazing out the window towards Sunjae's bedroom, the conversation with him replayed vividly in her mind.

"Go to school and study hard," Sunjae had said, his voice warm and encouraging. "And if you excel in your 10th-grade studies, I'll take you anywhere you want to go. I'll even buy you all the delicious food you want!

For months, Sol's determination to excel in her studies never wavered. Each morning, she would rise before the sun, her mind already racing with the tasks and goals she had set for herself that day. She would immerse herself in her textbooks and notes, her pencil gliding across the page as she worked through practice problems and drafted essays.

During her breaks, Sol could often be found pacing the corridors, her eyes scanning the pages of her books or her fingers tapping furiously on her laptop keyboard as she researched and cross-referenced information.