09

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

The moment Sol stepped out from her front gate, her eyes immediately landed on a familiar figure standing just across the street. There, leaning against the gate of his own home, was Sunjae, his gaze fixed intently on the path leading to her house.

A smile instantly blossomed on Sol's face as she took in the sight of him. It was as if he had been waiting for her. As she drew closer, Sunjae straightened up, a warm smile spreading across his features. "Sol-ah!" he called out, his voice laced with genuine delight.

As they walked together, an air of comfortable familiarity surrounded them, yet there was an undeniable hint of lingering awkwardness that hung in the space between them. The memory of their unexpected embrace the day before still seemed to linger, casting a subtle shadow over their interactions.

She found herself uncharacteristically uncertain of how to proceed. The natural ease they had shared just moments ago had given way to a hesitancy.

The silence stretched on for a few moments, the only sound between them the rhythmic echo of their footsteps.

"So..Sol-ah," he began, his voice slightly tentative. "Is there anything in particular you'd like to eat today?"

The question caught Sol off guard, and she blinked in surprise, her mind momentarily blank.

"Actually..," she replied, her voice gaining a newfound confidence. "There is something I've been craving lately – those delicious tteokbokki from that little street vendor near the park..Do you want to go there?"

"Tteokbokki?", Sunjae chuckled as he slowly nodded," Sure Sol-ah, let's go there"

As they approached the cozy tteokbokki stall, the inviting aroma of the spicy rice cakes wafted through the air, eliciting an eager rumble from Sol's stomach. She could already feel her mouth watering in anticipation.

Softly, Sunjae ushered Sol to a small table under the shade of a nearby tree, and as they settled in, she watched in awe as he sprang into action.

Before she could even reach for her utensils, Sunjae had already prepared a spoon and chopsticks, neatly arranging them next to the hot plate of tteokbokki.

He then reached for the empty cup, carefully pouring the cold water for her, "Here you go, Sol-ah," Sunjae said, his voice soft and warm.