21

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

Sol let out an exasperated sigh as she continued her phone conversation with her brother, Im Geum. "I can't believe you couldn't even pick me up today of all days," she grumbled, her voice laced with frustration. "You know I've had the worst day and I just wanted to get home as quickly as possible, you don't know how sensitive I've been today!," she scolded, her voice rising in pitch.

The day had already been a disaster from the moment she stepped foot on her university . Her morning lecture had been painfully dull, and then her meeting with inhyuk and sunjae had left her feeling on edge.

Now, as she trudged towards her front gate, suddenly, she caught sight of Im Geum standing in front of her house, and her eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"- You said you couldn't pick me up, so why are you home already?", She scoffed as she gritted her teeth and without warning, Sol broke into a sprint, her long strides carrying her swiftly towards her brother.

With a burst of pent-up frustration, she leapt at Geum, wrapping her arms around his neck in a fierce embrace. "Oppa!" she exclaimed, her grip tightening as if she were a MMA fighter. "You made me wait, and on a day like this? I'm so sensitive right now, you have no idea!"

Sol tightened her grip around Geum's neck, her frustration and exhaustion pouring out in the fierce embrace.

"- That just wasted so much of my energy!,"
she huffed, shaking her head in exasperation as she released her hold, her feet landing firmly on the ground.

"Don't talk to me until tomorrow! I'm really sensitive right now!", she curled her lips, immediately she turned and marched towards the front door, her steps heavy with the weight of the day's events as she made her way towards her bedroom. But as she approached her bedroom door, she caught sight of a figure in the hallway, and her eyes widened in disbelief.

"Oppa? What are you doing here?" she exclaimed, her voice laced with confusion. "Aren't you outside just now?"

Geum looked at her in bewilderment, his brow furrowed. "What? I just finished showering—" Geum couldn't finished his sentence as Sol cut him off, her panic rising.

Without another word, she turned and fled towards her bedroom, her gaze darting back to the figure she had seen outside the gate. As their eyes met, she let out a short, startled shriek and quickly ducked behind the curtain, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Shot, I'm doomed!" she whispered to herself, her mind racing with a thousand questions.

What was Sunjae doing here? How had she not recognized him at first? And why did the universe seem intent on tormenting her on this already disastrous day?