05

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

"Are you just going to avoid me after the incident..and don't tell me you've forgotten that you owe me something, remember?"

As Taesung's words hung in the air, a sudden flash of memory washed over Sol, causing her to gasp audibly.

The memory played out vividly in Sol's mind, transporting her back to that fateful day last year when Taesung had confessed his feelings to her.

She could see the 14-year-old version of herself standing before Taesung, her eyes wide with a mixture of surprise and disbelief.

"You like me?" she had asked, her voice laced with uncertainty. "Are you confessing right now? Why? Me? Why me?"

The young Sol's questions tumbled out in rapid succession, her mind struggling to comprehend the weight of Taesung's words.

Taesung's gaze met Sol's, his expression earnest as he responded to her questions.

"I guess it's just... because?" He paused, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "You kind of stand out in the crowd, you know? Even just now, during the performance, you don't even look at me just like others."

He leaned in slightly, his eyes twinkling with a touch of mischief as he winked at her. "Maybe that's what makes you so attractive to me."

Sol felt a flush creep up her cheeks, the weight of Taesung's confession and the intimacy of his gaze causing her to feel suddenly self-conscious.

Unsure of how to respond, she quickly shook her head, her brows furrowed with a mixture of surprise and uncertainty.

"Let's just... be friends, okay?" she said, her voice steady but gentle. "In return, I will grant you a wish! Yeah a wish! Thats one-one right?!"

As the vivid memories flashed through her mind, Sol felt a wave of panic and dread wash over her. Her eyes widened, the color draining from her face as she realized the implications of this resurfaced memory.

"I'm doomed!"

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

The atmosphere in the school auditorium was charged with excitement as the annual end-of-year assembly commenced. Students all gathered, eager to celebrate the achievements of the past academic term.

As the principal stepped up to the podium, the crowd hushed in anticipation. One by one, the names of the students who had successfully advanced to the next grade were called out, each recipient greeted with thunderous applause from their peers.

And then, the moment came that Sol had been dreading.

"And now, let's give a round of applause to our top student, Im Sol!" the principal announced, his voice brimming with pride.