19

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

(18-year-old-Sunjae)

"Go to school and study hard

"Go to school and study hard. And if you excel in your 10th-grade studies, I'll take you anywhere you want to go. I'll even buy you all the delicious food you want! How's that?"

Sunjae raced down the hallway, his heart pounding with a newfound determination. As he turned the corner, he caught sight of Inhyuk standing nearby, and without hesitation, he rushed towards him, arms outstretched.

"Yah, I did it!" Sunjae exclaimed, suddenly enveloping Inhyuk in a tight hug. "I did it! I asked her out!"

Inhyuk, taken completely by surprise, let out a shriek as Sunjae tightened the embrace. "Yah, what are you talking about? Ask out? Who? What?" he stammered, his eyes wide with confusion.

Sunjae, realizing his mistake, cleared his throat and quickly released Inhyuk from the unexpected hug. "Oh, I, uh, I meant the movie!" he said, his voice slightly flustered. "Yeah, that 'basic feeling', the character just asked her out!"

Inhyuk raised an eyebrow, clearly not convinced by Sunjae's explanation,"You and your 'basic feeling' movie," he said, shaking his head in disbelief. "What, is it in season 3 now?"

Sunjae could feel the heat rising to his cheeks, realizing he had dug himself into a bit of a hole with his hasty explanation.

Inhyuk continued, a mischievous grin spreading across his face. "By the time we graduate, I bet 'Basic Feeling' will have, what, season 50?" he said, his voice dripping with playful sarcasm.

Sunjae couldn't help but let out a nervous laugh, knowing he had been caught in his attempt to cover up his true emotions.

"I'm just giving you spoiler so you don't have to watch it..yeah!"

"Alright, man, whatever you say," Inhyuk replied, still eyeing Sunjae with a mix of confusion and amusement.

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

Sol's unwavering determination to excel in her studies continued through the end of the 10th grade semester. What she didn't know, however, was that her neighborhood oppa, Sunjae had quietly taken it upon himself to support her efforts in small but meaningful ways.

Unbeknownst to Sol, Sunjae would sometimes come by her house and place her favorite jelly on the doorknob, knowing how much she enjoyed the sweet treat during her study breaks. Sunjae would linger for a moment, watching through the window as Sol bustled about her studies.