Chapter 4: The Musical Showcase

It was the morning of the showcase, Twilight was still asleep. Spike came inside the room and tried waking her up for the 5th time.

Spike: Twilight... wake up! You're gonna be late! You might miss Flash Drive!

Twilight: wha.. hum... WAIT WHAT?! WHAT TIME IS IT?!

Spike: Uhh 6:30?

Twilight: OH NO NO NO! NO, NO, NO! THE PROGRAM STARTS AT 7:30! I ONLY HAVE AN HOUR LEFT!

Twilight jolted to the bathroom without grabbing her towel and clothes. Spike sighed, and grabbed her things.

He trotted to the bathroom as Twilight screamed "OH NO! I FORGOT MY TOWELS!"

Spike knocked and swooped her things in. He went down the stairs to see Rarity and Fluttershy talking.

Fluttershy: Is Twilight ready yet?

Spike: Not exactly, she just woke up! But I'm sure she's probably changing now.

Sunset: Well she really needs to hurry because she might miss the showcase.

Spike: Huh.. why didn't you join the showcase as the Rainbooms?

Rainbow: *knee popping* cause we were too late to sign up. The line was pretty wide.

Pinkie: And we're a member short! *Blowing balloons*

Spike: Oh alright. By the way, what does Discord look like, Fluttershy?

Fluttershy: He's really tall, black hair, greyish brown skin, and colorful clothes I might add. Why do you ask?

Spike; Uhh.. nothing..

Twilight: I'm here! Sorry I'm late, girls! Let's get going before we miss it!

Twilight rushed down the stairs but missed a step and fell down face flat to the floor. The girls simply stared before Twilight got up and brushed her clothes.

"Ahem, good morning..?" Twilight awkwardly smiled. Sunset grinned and sighed before saying "Alright, into my car."

In the car ride, Rainbow Dash jammed to her headphones while motioning or pretending to play the guitar. Rarity beside Rainbow Dash, was annoyed by her movements. Applejack and Fluttershy talking in the very back seats, Pinkie Pie stuffing her mini canon with confetti, and Twilight in the front passenger seat.

Sunset turned on the radio, Twilight was surprised to hear her voice.

Twilight: Is that me? Or counter-part me?

Sunset: Yeah, we sang this for a special music number with the Crystal Prep students. Where Human Twilight used to go before moving here at CHS.

Twilight: Oh okay, you and other me sounded amazing!

Sunset: thanks!

They arrived 10 minutes later to the school campus, Twilight got out of the car and rushed to check the time in the hallway. The girls chuckled to Twilight's behavior and followed.

They walked into the auditorium, thankfully, Flash Drive weren't playing yet. Twilight sighed I relief as she sat in the bleachers. Sunset nudged her with a smirk, as she just crossed her arms, blushing.

Vice Principal Luna got up on the stage to announce the next band performing,

VP. Luna: Thank you, Trixie, for that amazing musical performance. And now, to welcome the next band, Flash Drive.