Chapter 5: New Neighbor

Sunset Shimmer's pov

Me and the girls were on our way to Applejack's st the Sweet Apple Acres, when we came across a van and a girl not so older from our age. Seems like Applejack's getting a new neighbor! We stopped by and greeted her.

Applejack: Hi, I see that you're new here! My name's Applejack and these are my friends; Sunset, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Twilight Sparkle! It's a pleasure to meet ya!

Laverna: Nice to meet you! And yes, I am new. I just moved from uhh.. Everfree Village! I'm Laverna Lavender.

Pinkie grabs Laverna's hand: *shakes hand excessively* nice to meet ya, Laverna! Hope you have a good evening!

Laverna: O-oh my, thank you.

Twilight: you're still in high school, are you. Where do you go?

Laverna: My sister told me I'm going to CHS! Does it ring a bell?

Rainbow: Sweet, a new classmate!

Rarity: Ahem, girls. We should probably get going now. I should be home soon because I promised Sweetie Bell that I'd help her with an assignment. I'm sorry, but let's chat over coffee tomorrow, Darlings.

Laverna: oh sure! Sounds great, see you soon, girls!

They said goodbye, and Applejack ran to her house to get a few things. They drove back to the town at Rarity's place. When arriving, Rarity dramatically plopped herself on the couch and groaned "My it's been a long day! Let's get this over quickly. You girls make yourselves at home while I help Sweetie Bell."

Rarity went upstairs, Rainbow Dash stretched and yawned. Applejack went to the counter to whip up some cider and asked Rainbow.

Applejack: You tired?

Rainbow: yeah, the game with the Crystal Prep kids is getting harder after I taught them a few tricks. But nothing I can't beat. *Groan* I'm gonna lay down for a sec.

Rainbow Dash plopped herself to the couch and dozed off quickly, the girls giggled. "Well, she does need a little rest. After all, it's gonna be a big day tomorrow for her and Soarin" Fluttershy said with a chuckle afterwards.

"Mhm, by the way, what movie are we seeing?" Twilight asked, "Discord said it was gonna be an action thriller film. He didn't give the exact name because he said it was a surprise." Fluttershy answered.

"But aren't you scared of thrillers?" Sunset raised an eyebrow.

"Uhm, depends on the kind of film. As long as it isn't classified as a horror film. But I trust Discord with this one. He knows me well enough." Fluttershy secured.

Sunset: hey girls, did you notice something about Laverna?

Twilight: What about her, Sunset?

Sunset: I don't know, she just seems off. But maybe I'm just getting paranoid. She seems really nice.

Rarity coming down the stairs: Oh she is, although her fashion style isn't really my cup of tea. The color combinations of her outfit are quite unsettling.

Applejack: Oh don't judge her for that, Rarity. She's nice and really pretty.

Rarity: well yes I do agree with that.

They settled in for a while before going to bed, Spike being squished by Fluttershy's bear hug, he glanced at Twilight for help when she already fell fast asleep.

"Oh so now you wanna sleep." He thought in his mind. He tried slipping through the hug when Fluttershy let go and flipped to another side. He sighed in relief and shifted to Rarity's side. He snuggled, but heard a shattering sound at the kitchen. He went to check on it when he saw a shadow at the window. He barked at them, the shadow noticed, they quickly ran away before Spike sprung on them.

Spike growled, "What the heck was that?!"