Chapter 14: Messages

Sunset Shimmer's pov

Twilight and Starlight, wow that rhymes. Twilight was on her phone chatting with a certain blue-haired guitarist, probably about Laverna. Whilst Starlight looked a little off..

I sat down next to her sleeping bag, "is something wrong, Starlight?"

She looked at me tiredly, she replied to me with a really sore voice, like she was about to cry, "I don't know.. I'm just worried, I'm worried about my friends back in Equestria. Here I am having food to eat, a place to sleep in, I'm really grateful, Sunset. But I feel so guilty that I'm here and not there helping my friends. I should've acted faster so I could've atleast took one of them with me here."

"I get that you're upset, but it isn't your fault. And besides, we won't stop until we get you back into Equestria to defeat Chrysalis and Tirek."

"How about you? How're you gonna deal with Laverna?"

"We'll find a way to solve both our problems, but right now, you should rest. You can't defeat the villains without energy."

"Yeah.. yeah you're right, Sunset..."

I patted Starlight's back before going to bed. I looked at Twilight, who looked a little calmer than a while ago. Flash must've cheered her up, they're perfect for each other. I took a small glance at her phone, I saw a few messages, "see you tonight then." Unfortunately, I couldn't help myself from giggling, that I suddenly lost balance and fell on Twilight.

She quickly grabbed the phone and held it to her chest, her cheeks visibly burning. I just stared at her, not breaking eye contact while trying to walk out of it before she started questioning.

In the morning, I got up to see Starlight writing something in the journal.

"What're you writing?"

"H-HUH?! O-oh, sorry.. I'm just.." she sighed, "I'm just trying something out"

Starlight Glimmer's pov

I thought that maybe... Sunburst was still in the Friendship Castle, he would've seen this message somehow... or something..

"I was trying to send something to Equestria, maybe like a sign of hope.." a sign of hope for Sunburts..

Sunset got up and crawled to me, she pointed at the page, "Who's Sunburst?"

"H-he's.. he's my best friend. We've been friends since we were phillies, and he's the pony I love.."

Sunset looked at me with a smirk,"I love to spend time with!" I continued my sentence just before she jumped to conclusions.

Sunset laughed, and I laughed along too. "Whatever you say, I'm gonna take a shower. We're gonna see the girls again later. And, we're also gonna mention them about Laverna.."

"Absolutely, I'm gonna wake Twilight up so we could eat breakfast." Me and Sunset relied on Twilight cooking for us, she was a great chef.

I gently shook her arm, telling her to wake up. "Twilight.. Twilight?? Ms. Sparkle? MRS. SENTRY!!"

Her eyes opened widely, and sat up firmly. "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME..?" she stared at me, dumbfounded.

"It's already 8 in the morning, why are you so sleepy? Did you spend the night texting Flash~?" I inquisitively asked her, crossing my arms whilst leaning on her blushing face.

"WH-HWA- NOO.. I-" she stammered. I giggled and laid my hand on her shoulder so she could calm down. "Alright, calm down, Princess. I'm too hungry to even start questioning what you did all night."

"O-ookay... I'm gonna make breakfast now!" She stood up and awkwardly walked away after tripping on her blanket, I love her silliness.

I grabbed the journal and checked for any replies, and there weren't any. Of course there wouldn't be any replies.. why would there be anypony to answer?

I let out an exasperated sigh before going downstairs to eat, when I heard a light tap on the window. I looked back at the other end of the hallway, the windows were open!

I rushed to shut it down, but I saw black thread hooked on the shutters.

Oh shoot.. someone must've broken in! I should warn the girls, I ran downstairs to tell Twilight but she looked at me strangely,

"Uhhh why would there be a strand of thread there? No one snuck out or sneaked in.. uhm.."

I had enough of it, "Alright Twilight, you've been acting strange the entire morning, what's up?" I confronted her, crossing my arms.

Twilight sighed and finally told me,

"YOU WENT ON A NIGHT OUT WITH FLASH?!"