Chapter 8: Starlight's Return

Flash Sentry's pov

I was just grabbing my notebook for my guitar notes when I noticed a messy girl searching for something. She had purple hair with mint streaks, her clothes were tainted. I closed my locker and walked up to her, "excuse, ma'am. Are you looking for something?"

The girl looked up to me with lifeless eyes, "where's Sunset..?! I'm looking for Sunset.. or a girl named Twilight. Y-y'know, navy blue hair with purple and magenta streaks? Do you know her? Please!"

"Okay okay, calm down. I know who they are. Do you want me to take you to them?" I held my hands in front of my chest telling her to calm down.

"Alright.. I'm sorry for the outburst, I'm Starlight." She sighed.

"It's alright, I'm Flash. I'll take you to Sunset's first and maybe Twilight will be there too. I'll just get my car keys in the locker."

She tilted her head curiously, "Car keys? What are those?"

She doesn't know what car keys are? Could she be from Equestria too? I took her to my car and drove to Sunset's neighborhood. I've heard from her that Twilight couldn't go back to Equestria, she didn't say why though. She stayed silent the whole ride, she looked like she hasn't been taking care of herself for days. I'm getting a little worried on what's going on..

I knocked on Sunset's door, she opened a few seconds later. She asked why I was here, "Uhm, I don't know if you know her but.."

Sunset Shimmer's pov

I opened the door to see Flash standing there, "Uhm, I don't know if you know her but.." He then led a girl to the door frame, I was shocked. H-how could it be?!

"Starlight?! Wha-what are you doing here?! How did you get here?!" I grabbed her hands and embraced her, worriedly.

She looked sleepless and tired, her clothes were ragged and ripped, "I managed to get through the portal before one of the changelings attacked me and closed the portal. I barely escaped, where's Twilight?"

I led Starlight and Flash inside, and locked the door. I called Twilight from the living room, "Twilight, someone's here to see you!"

Twilight walked in, once she laid her eyes on Starlight, she gasped before bursting into tears, "Starlight! I'm so glad you're okay, where's the others and how did you get here?!"

"I managed to escape from the changelings by going through the portal, I tried going back but it suddenly closed. I tried to look for You and Sunset, or atleast anyone I knew here at CHS, but I couldn't find anyone! I stayed at the school for a while, before looking for you. Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and your family are kept in Queen Chrysalis's old lair! I tried to save them, but I couldn't!"

Starlight started crying, Flash looked away in disappointment. I let out an exasperated sigh, "Okay, you and Twilight will be staying here at my place until you guys figure things out. But Flash, how did you know we knew Starlight?"

"I was visiting my locker earlier this afternoon because I forgot my notebook, when I saw a girl, Starlight, at the halls, looking for something. I approached her and asked her what or who she was looking for because she looked troubled. The next thing I know, is that she knows you. So I led her to you and Twilight. But what's happening right now, I don't understand..?"

"Starlight is my student back in Equestria." Twilight replied.

"One of Equestria's villains, Queen Chrysalis and Tirek broke out. Now one of Queen Chrysalis's minions is swarming all over Equestria. But the strange thing is, there hasn't been news or no pony has ever seen Queen Chrysalis yet. I expected her to be the one after me but she wasn't.." Starlight added.

"I'm sorry to ask but, who are they?" Flash rubbed his back awkwardly.

"Queen Chrysalis isn't like anypony, she's the queen of changelings. Based on the word 'changelings,' they change or rather shapeshift. They could take the form of anyone or anypony. Although, I don't know if their powers also work here. Chrysalis has it really bad towards Cadance, Twilight's sister-in-law, and me. I defeated her many times in the past. She wants to take the revenge out on me" Starlight explained.

"Lord Tirek, a power-hungry centaur. He can drain out magic from any creature in Equestria. If he takes out the princesses' magic, Equestria's doomed. Me and my friends barely defeated him, we would've been doomed if we didn't find the chest." Twilight added.

"So that means, if you go back, you might lose against him as well." Flash worriedly laid his hands on Twilight.

"But I have to, Flash. I appreciate that you're worried, but I can't let Equestria down. Not again..."

"How do you suppose we go back? The sandpit back on the island is too far from us, it'll take us days or even weeks to find the way."

"I don't know, but I'll do my research around the portal. But uhm say, remember when you first met my human counterpart?"

"Yeah, she was using devices on the portal, me, the girls, and our magic. Oh! I could give her a call." I realized and whipped out my phone.

"Great. But, how long was she supposed to stay at Cloudsdale?"

"Well, today's their last day, I think it's cool. Wow what a fast reply.. she's on her way already."

"Great! How long will they take?!"

"6 hours.."

"Wait.. but what would if Twilight and other Twilight stayed with each other for too long? Like, if they were in the same room, face to face with each other.." Starlight looked down and scratched her arm.

"She has a good point, won't the balance mess up?" Flash started questioning.

"We're not sure, but we have to try. Are you still up for it, Twilight?"

"I guess.. but I'll try not to interact much with her." Twilight reassuring us.

"If you say so."