2. Close Up

The next day, of course, the couple was back at Bright Fields bright and early. Pin was going to be with Raven again, training. Lainey would help when she was done with her chores. She would help with Elvis when Pin was too busy and the other 4 horses that her cousin Mia owned. Plus, she had to look after Angel when her brother wasn't there.

While he wasn't as into horses or riding as his sister, he adored Angel ever since he got her.

She was just walking out of his stable when Jade and Becky found Zoe, "hey, you came back," Lainey smiled at her. She smiled back as both girls pulled her over to where Lainey was standing next to Bob in the centre of the yard.

"There's so much to tell you!" Becky said.

Jade smiled at her, "speculative, made-up gossip, she means."

"It's not made up!" The blonde girl insisted. "Horse thieves are real."

Lainey scrunched her eyebrows together. Did Jade not believe in horse thieves? They were very much a real thing.

"Horse thieves?" Zoe questioned.

"SHH!" Ben snapped, covering Bob's ears. "You'll upset Bob. He's very sensitive."

Zoe turned to Becky, "Bob's your horse?" Becs nodded.

"I Share him with my brother, Ben. Stunning, isn't he?" Bob then farted as Jade was petting him, making the girl laugh before making her turn to the other three girls.

"That wasn't me." Zoe lifted her hand, not saying a word which made Lainey chuckle.

Just then, Sam entered the yard and called out, "listen up everyone." Everyone in the yard turned their attention to the owner. "So, Pony People Magazine are visiting the yard today." The ground of riders clapped in excitement. This meant a lot of publicity and new riders which meant more money to fix this place up.

Becky turned to Zoe who was confused, "It's like Vogue for horses."

"Didn't know horses could read." Lainey nudged her a little with a smile.

"So, this is our chance to let the stables shine, to spread the word about Bright Fields and bring lots and lots of new riders our way," she said, crossing her fingers hopefully. She looked around and spotted their newest rider, "speaking of which, this is Zoe. She found Raven, so we owe her big time." The girl turned away a little in embarrassment. "Let's make her really welcome." They all clapped for the girl, but Mia looked upset. "If you can't find a chore that needs doing, come and find Marcus or me," Sam instructed as she walked away.

"Marcus is Sam's cousin," Lainey explained as she pet Bob.

Becky nodded quickly, "he's the best rider in the yard."

"He's really nice."

"And super talented and he's handsome, and I love him."

Lainey smiled at her friends. She thought it was funny how much they looked up to Marcus. She wished she could be more like him. Her dream was to compete for really any competition, but she wasn't a great rider. She had a great horse, but no one really saw any skill in her.

Zoe hushed her as Jade gave her a panicked look. Lainey covered her mouth to stop from laughing as Becky looked around confused.

"Hey," Marcus greeted the group.

"Hi," Zoe said back as the two girls next to her gaped in shock. It took everything in the grey-eyed girl not to laugh at them. Becky started pointing everywhere, not being able to say a word. "I gotta go."