4. Pony Camp!

The next day, Pony Camp was upon them. Pin was released from jail early in the morning as he couldn't be the horse since Firefly was taken while he was in jail. While Lainey was happy that he was getting out, Mia was still devastated by Firefly.

Lainey was waiting in the yard when the police car pulled up and Pin got out.

He took a look around at everyone before his girlfriend walked up to him. When he stepped closer she rushed to him, wrapping her arms around him. "I was so worried."

He wrapped his arms around her as well, "I'm sorry about Firefly," he whispered. She smiled at him sadly.

"It's horrible."

He pulled away from her as Marcus got up to go to welcome the kids, "I think you should go with Mia, I'm going to tack up the horses for the ride." He kissed the side of her head as she walked up to her cousin.

She held her hand out and Mia looked up before grabbing it. "Come on, no tears in front of the new riders, don't want to scare them off," she told her softly, taking a cloth out and wiping her tears.

They made it to the front of the stables where there was a table set up with a metal box and some clipboards. Sam handed each girl a stack of hoodies, "If they've already paid, their name should be on this list, if they haven't, collect the money before giving them a hoodie. Make sure each kid has a permission slip."

Both girls nodded as they were handed pens and highlighters. It was them and Sam checking people in as Marcus did a demonstration out in the paddock to keep them entertained.

Lainey signed in Jade, Becky, and Ben, telling them that she would catch up before the ride.

They were getting to the end of the line when Lainey looked up and her next person just so happened to be Zoey and her little sister, "Well, if it isn't the stalker. You're not on the list, do you have your paperwork and money?"

Zoe smiled awkwardly, "Yep, all right here." She passed the girl the money and folded up paper. She looked down at the signature and then back at the girls. "Glittery pink pen?"

Zoe gulped but nodded, "yep, she was in a rush this morning to take my gramps to the hospital." Lainey sighed before grabbing a hoodie and trying to hand it to Rosie.

"I'm good, thanks."

She shrugged, "alright, though if you change your mind, they're really soft." Rosei smiled at her as they walked away from the table and Lainey placed the money into the safety box.

When there were no more kids left to check in, she grabbed the clipboards and metal box and walked to the office. Mia ran off to Raven's old stable and Lainey kissed her boyfriend's check as she walked past. He was in front of the stables, building a new gate with his dad.

Sam walked past her, "oh, just put them on my desk, I'll get to them after the announcements." She nodded and walked into the office, setting down the clipboards.

She didn't want to just leave all this money sitting around so she placed it under the desk and covered it with some folders, just in case anyone wandered in.

Sam yelling caught her attention and she walked out of the office, closing it behind her as she walked out to the field where they were setting up the barbecue.

"Welcome to Bright Field Stables' first ever pony camp." Everyone started clapping and cheering and Derek yelled 'go Sam!"

She laughed, "thank you, officer. Okay, we are gonna be showing you guys around, dressing up the horses, and riding. And as riding is very hungry work, you'll be very pleased to hear that our barbecue is up and running. We're also gonna work–" The last of what she said was drowned out as Pin appeared next to her.