1. Rivals

In the last few weeks, so much had changed. Marcus and Zoe were dating. Junior Nationals were coming up. Raven was allowed to stay. And, most importantly, Lainey's Uncle Elliot now owned the stables.

Because of that, Mia had basically decided she was in charge. Not that she didn't decide that way earlier.

Lainey was just finished washing Priscilla when Mia started yelling again. She walked out and leaned against the door frame to watch what her cousin was going to say, "Listen up, people! It's time for things to change around here. Our little stables rose from the ashes and beat Holloway at the County Cup. Now, we've got our sights set at the Junior Nationals." She paused as she crossed her arms with a big smile. "Which is why, I've set up an exclusive with the local paper. I want this yard spotless for the interview. It's a new dawn at Bright Fields." Everyone smiled at her and she smiled back for the smallest of seconds before barking out, "get on it!"

Lainey chuckled, shaking her head at her cousin's antics. She watched as Pin walked past, slightly smiling at her before Mia spotted him, "Pin, stop what you're doing and re-groom Firefly," she snapped.

Her cousin glared, "Mia," she said in warning and the girl looked away from her about to say something else to make it sound nicer when Zoe crossed her arms, offended for her friend.

"Uh, rude much, Mia?"

"It's okay, Zoe," Pin told the girl, moving the wheelbarrow he was pushing, ready to get her horse ready.

Zoe shook her head, "no, it isn't. If Mia wants–"

"I said it's fine!" He snapped, moving past her quickly. Lainey sighed, that was also another thing that was different. Pin and Ted were working for the stable for free as Uncle Elliot was mad at him for selling him a stolen horse. Even though it wasn't his fault, they were still reaping the consequences and were now working to pay back the money they 'owed him'. Which meant that Mia was bossing around Pin like she owned him.

She turned and went to Angel's stable to groom him, only to find his stable empty. "MARCUS!" She shouted as her heart sank. He ran over.

"What's wrong?"

"Did someone take out Angel?" She asked in a hurry and he shook his head.

"No, he should be in his–'' He stopped, looking inside the empty stable. "PIN!" The boy turned around from where he was walking off. "WHERE'S ANGEL?" The boy dropped the wheelbarrow and came running over, along with most of the other riders. "HAS ANYONE SEEN HIM?"

No one spoke up. Lianey shook her head, "he was here, I swear he was just here this morning when I came to feed him." She could feel her chest tightening as tears came to her eyes, she needed to find him.

Bekcy was looking around before she saw the horse on the edge of the field, "there he is!" She shouted and Lainey went sprinting in that direction with everyone running behind her.

She slowed down as she saw Angel running in her direction. She laughed before spotting who was riding her, "DANNY!"

The boy jumped off of the horse and went running to her, both jumping in each other's arms.

The other riders sighed in relief. Thank god another horse wasn't stolen. Mia smiled, running up to the other two and joining in the hug. Zoe scoffed, "what is wrong with her! She has a boyfriend," she pointed to Pin who looked happy. "Okay, his girlfriend just threw herself at another guy and he's smiling, who broke him?"

Jade and Becky giggled, "that's not just some guy, that's Daniel," Jade explained and Zoe still looked lost.

Becky grinned, "he's like the second hottest person ever!"