3. Spying On Pin

Tomorrow is Pony camp day so there was a lot to prepare in advance. They had to make sure the horses were groomed, there was plenty of food, plenty of hay, tools for the kids to use, and the yard was set up for demonstrations.

This is why Lainey was hanging out with Pin all day. No other reason. Certainly not so that she could spend time with him.

While they were working, Pin kept sneaking glances at her. He thought she was beautiful. Even more so when she would carry a hay bale by herself like it was nothing. She looked the most beautiful to him when she was riding. She was so happy and carefree.

"I have to go paint the jumps," he said. Lainey looked around them.

"Well, it looks like we're done here, why don't I help?" Pin shook his head.

"It's fine, I've got it."

She smirked and took the paint cans, loading them into the cart anyway. "I love painting." He smiled at her before picking up the handles and pushing it. They walked past Sam and she stopped them.

"Hey, if you guys see Zoe, tell her I have Major tacked up in the arena, I think it's time for her first ride here at Bright Fields," she smiled excitedly. It wasn't often they got a new rider, let alone one that showed natural talent.

Pin nodded, "alright."

They kept walking and moved past the haystack where Pin spotted Zoe sitting. He placed down the cart, startling her to look at them and hide her phone. "Oh hey. Hey. My sister has got me watching all these fashion vlogs. You know, I'm all about the fashion."

He stuffed his hands into his pocket, "you could do with a hat."

"Is that a hot tip for the coming season?" She asked, amused.

"Riding hat," Lainey corrected. "Sam's got Major tacked up in the arena. Says you're on the free-ride list." She smiled at her, "you should go. I bet you'll enjoy it."

Quickly, Zoe shook her head, "Oh, no, no, no, I'm not going riding today." The grey-eyed girl tilted her head. If she wanted to ride, she was going to have to actually learn.

"Suit yourself. I'll tell her you're busy." Pin went back to pick up the end of the cart when Zoe called out.

"Wait, um... what are you up to? You got any plans?" Lainey narrowed her eyes, what was this girl up to?

"Sam's asked me to paint jumps in the arena," PIn answered honestly.

Zoe nodded, muttering cool as the couple set off again, "you know what you're right. It'd be a shame to waste practice lessons. You can tell Sam I'll be there in five."

Pin nodded back, walking away from the girl. The two made their way into the arena where Sam was waiting with Major. "She says she'll be here in 5," Lainey called to the woman who smiled at her.

Pin put down the wheelbarrow and took out the paint cans, handing a brush to his girlfriend as he got down on his knees to paint the bottom of the jump, "Why are you helping me today?"

She looked at him, confused, "I miss you–"

He gasped, looking as Zoe walked by, "You're jealous." Lainey looked down a bit before looking back at him.

"A little, I'll admit. I just didn't like seeing her wear your jumper."

He smiled at her. The kind of smile most people at the yard didn't see. "I will never love any girl like I love you." She chuckled as she painted the other side of the jump so that it would go faster.