2. Golden Boy

Pin and Lainey were separated. They were put in different rooms, causing a lot of anxiety for both, neither knew what the others were going to do to them.

Lainey sat in the middle of a room with her arms crossed before another girl walked in with a smirk, "Oh, don't worry little Lainey, things are about to get really good for you. I'm Gaby."

The girl laughed, "doubt it, what do you want?" She leaned forward, keeping her face straight, but faking interest.

"We want you on our junior nationals team." Lainey leaned back and observed the girl. She was pretty. Had long, dark wavy hair, bright coloured hazel eyes.

"Why?"

The girl started pacing around the room, "because, we want to win and to win, we need to have the best riders on our team, not competing against."

The girl shrugged, uncaring, "well good for you, I'm not competing at all." Gaby grabbed another chair and sat across from the girl.

"We could have you arrested–"

"For stealing something back that we owned, or at the very least, I'll have you charged for stealing as well," Lainey shot back and Gaby hummed.

"You're fun."

"You too."

Gaby leaned forward in her chair, "they don't appreciate you, we do, we'll let you show off your skills, haven't you always wanted to?"

Lainey rolled her eyes, "have you talked to Pin? What does he say?"

The girl bit her lip, but was honest, "he said he'll think about it. He doesn't want to leave you, luckily we have two open places on the team, and....that he'll come back with his dad to talk more. You?"

The girl sighed, if they were being truthful, riding here at Holloway could be an amazing opportunity for Pin, he already turned down Hamilton for her, he couldn't turn this down too. "Let me talk to my brother and Pin. I'll come back with my mum first thing tomorrow to talk things over, deal?"

Gaby smirked, holding out her hand, "deal." They shook on it. "I think you'll fit right in here. I like you already."

"You are pretty," she winked and the girl chuckled.

"I'll walk you out," she said, getting up from her chair. "By the way, your mum called already, I told her that you were on your way home. Your brother's worried."

The grey-eyed girl nodded, "thank you." They exited the room and Pin was waiting with Alex and Callum, leaning against a wall.

"Lainey," he smiled excitedly once he saw her and she walked over, giving him a tight hug, she was really worried they were going to do something to him. They waved goodbye to the Holloway kids as they spoke. "Did they–"

"Try and recruit me, yeah," she nodded. She bit her lip, "they told me you were considering it—"

"I would never–"

"Leave me?" She finished for him and he nodded. She stopped walking, looking at him seriously. "You've got to stop. I love you and if you want to do this, I'll support you, but— I have to talk to Danny if I'm even going to consider this." They both hopped on their horses and started to trot off, going at a slow speed. "I also need to talk with my mom too. However, you deserve this so much, Pin. You gave up the academy, don't give up this. You need to have the chance to explore this dream."

He smiled at her, "thank you. I know the others won't share your sediment if I tell them."

"So don't," she answered after a second and he looked over confused. "Give me your phone." He handed it over and saw several missed calls and texts from Zoe just as she had from everyone on her phone. She texts Zoe, 'I'm fine,' before handing it back to him and he looks at it. "That's all you're going to send for now. This decision is for you, no one else, Pin."