Chapter 24

"I don't know how to tie this..." I murmured as I stepped out of the changing room with a white belt in my hand.

My gaze was instantly drawn to Parsa, who stood in the center of the room, clad in his Jiu-Jitsu attire. His black belt was securely tied around his waist. He approached me swiftly upon hearing my struggle, gently taking the belt from my grasp. He bent down, focusing his attention on tying my belt around my waist. Our faces were now on the same level, causing me to instinctively turn my head to the right side while he expertly tied the belt. I could feel my muscles tensing with his closeness and my heart beating faster.

"Why... are we here?..." I hesitantly inquired, trying to shatter the silence that enveloped the training room, devoid of any other individuals. This building was specifically designated for sports activities. The first floor housed the pool, the second floor catered to cardio exercises, and the third floor offered space for meditation, yoga, and pilates. We were currently situated on the fourth floor, reserved for martial arts. The fifth floor accommodated the gym, and the sixth and final floor served as the office and a coffee shop for members.

"To upgrade those softballs into steel ones," Parsa replied sarcastically, causing my heart to plummet with dread. I stammered nervously, "But... I'm not prepared- Agh!" Before I could finish, he yanked on my belt, causing me to fall into his arms, my face colliding with his chest.

"Tsk," Parsa clicked his tongue in irritation, adjusting my belt. "You're damn weak," he asserted bluntly.

I hurriedly retreated as my face was flushed with embarrassment. Clearing my throat, I nervously rubbed my hands along the sides of my thighs. "You're not... going to use this as an excuse to hit me, right?"

Parsa scoffed and strode to the center of the room, gesturing with his right hand for me to follow. "Excuses are for losers," he taunted. "Come on, Ryan."

~

After we had warmed up and stretched, we stood facing each other several feet apart. My body was already fatigued, but seeing the serious expression on his face, I couldn't voice my exhaustion.

Parsa fixed his intense gaze upon me and gestured with four fingers, beckoning me to come closer. "Attack me," he commanded.

I hesitated, remaining motionless, visibly unnerved. "How?" I inquired timidly.

"However you want," Parsa declared with a hint of boredom in his voice. "Run towards me or throw a punch..."

I clenched my fists and held them tightly against my chest, but my feet stayed rooted in place. "I can sense what you're about to do..." I whined nervously, refusing to move.

Parsa's gaze hardened as he bent his knees slightly, resting his palms upon them. "Whether you attack me now or I'll attack you instead," he warned me. "And I can assure you that if I attack first, it'll be a rough start."

I let out a whimper as I tentatively dashed forward, my eyes tightly shut, aiming my right fist at him. Parsa swiftly caught my wrist with his left hand and tugged me towards him. He simultaneously slid his right arm under my armpit, restraining my right shoulder. With a swift turn to his left side, Parsa hurled me onto the mattress, eliciting a yelp from me. "Agh!"

My back made contact with the mattress, nearly causing my heart to leap out of my chest. I remained lying there, my chest rapidly rising and falling while I struggled to gulp down more oxygen.

"Get up," Parsa ordered sternly.

I groaned in agony, "I... c-can't..."

"10... 9... 8..." Parsa began counting sternly, compelling every cell in my body to obey. With a mighty effort, I hauled myself off the ground and stood before him, my body trembling.