Chapter 35

Parsa and I stood amidst the vibrant activity in the train station, surrounded by excited students and teachers, all buzzing with anticipation as they waited for our train. The enthusiasm in the air was palpable as everyone chatted and laughed in excitement about the upcoming train. Fellow passengers scurried around; their luggage being towed along behind them.

In the meanwhile, I found myself standing beside Parsa, my eyes darting anxiously around the platform, constantly searching for any indication of Yousef's presence. Will he really come?... I wondered as I unconsciously held onto the sleeve of Parsa's coat. What if he bullies me again?...

Parsa shot me a glance, arching an eyebrow as he questioned, "You were so excited yesterday; why do you look like a lost soul now?"

I looked up at him, my mind seemingly blank. "Uh... Um... I heard that-"

"That fucker is back," Parsa muttered under his breath, eyes fixed on ahead, his eyebrows furrowed.

My gaze followed the direction of Parsa's stare, landing on Yousef surrounded by his friends, engaged in conversation. Realization dawned upon me as my heart skipped a bit anxiously. He really came...

Yousef's gaze shifted in our way, his eyes locking in with ours for a brief moment. He responded with a smirk before looking away and continuing to chat with his friend.

I positioned myself in front of Parsa, facing away from Yousef, worry lacing my words as I muttered, "Let's just ignore him... I don't... want another trouble..."

Parsa gently cradled my face in his hands, a playful smile dancing on his lips as he inquired, "Are you worried about me?"

"What kind of question is that!?" I retorted; my gaze locked on his. "Of course, I am!"

Parsa's smile wavered as he held my gaze, a perplexed look crossing his face for a second. He then looked away and muttered in a quiet tone, letting go of my face. "I need a smoke..."

I quickly grabbed his sleeve, holding him back as he attempted to walk away. "The train will be here in less than a minute!"

Parsa shot me a sidelong glance and sighed, staying put. "I really hate school trips..."

I tilted my head to the side, puzzled. "Then why did you come?"

Parsa's voice held a mix of sincerity and irritation as he responded, "Because you wanted to."

My heart fluttered once more, but not from anxiety this time. Just as I was about to speak, the train arrived with a high-pitched screech, and the doors swung open. Parsa then held my hand firmly, guiding me through the throng and onto the train, searching for our compartment.

~

Once we settled inside the compartment, its door was slid open. Danial and Kia, his boyfriend, entered, beaming with enthusiasm. Contrary to their cheerful demeanor, Parsa's expression turned solemn upon their arrival.

They took their seats across from us, hoisting their luggage onto overhead storage. Danial shot a mildly annoyed glance at me, exclaiming, "I told you to wait for us, but you dashed inside without even looking back."

I sheepishly scratched the back of my head, feeling a bit embarrassed. "Haha, sorry... We got pushed in by the crowd and all..."

"I called out your name a few times, but you didn't fuckin' respond," Danial stated bluntly, his left leg draped over the right one as he folded his arms across his chest.

I began to apologize once again, "I-I'm so-"

"Knock it off," But Parsa cut me off abruptly as he snapped at Danial, his voice laced with impatience. "You're here now, anyway."