Chapter 40

Trigger warning: Violence

~

Yousef, visibly shaken, stepped back involuntarily as Parsa advanced towards him. He stammered, his voice quivering, "Wh-What the hell are you doing here!?"

Parsa continued his steady advance, maintaining his eerie silence, causing my heart to throb erratically in my chest. I hastily fumbled with the waistband of my pants, yanking them back up and darting to grab my sweater. Wearing it clumsily. I tried to speak, but my voice caught in my throat, fear gripping me as the atmosphere in the room thickened with tension.

Parsa stood before Yousef, his towering frame intimidating as his hands casually rested in his sweatpants pockets. He spoke in a calm, mocking voice, "You want a taste before you die, huh?"

Yousef shook his head in fear, his words tumbling out in a stammer, "I didn't d-do anything!... I j-just... wanted to s-scare him!... That's all!"

Parsa cocked his neck to the side, his tone oozing authority as he said, "Go on, do it."

I remained frozen in place; my eyes wide in shock as I looked at Parsa. What's he saying!?

Yousef seemed equally dumbfounded, his face having lost all color as he uttered, bewildered, "What?"

"I'll let you use your sausage for the last time," Parsa sneered, pulling out a small pocket knife that he idly toyed with in his hand.

Yousef dropped to his knees, his body shaking with fear. He muttered nervously, his eyes downcast, "I... m-made a mistake..." He could hardly muster the courage to look into Parsa's gaze as he continued in a trembling voice, "I... w-won't do it... again..."

Parsa's voice remained icy cold as he forced Yousef to look up by holding the blade of the knife under his chin. "You said this last time too when I was breaking your legs," he responded calmly. "Yet, here we are again."

I felt a lump form in my throat as my hands involuntarily trembled; I willed myself to call out to Parsa, "Pa-" But my voice caught in my throat, and all that escaped was a strangled, "Ngh." My tears started to flow, a weakness I despised in myself. I'm such an idiot to cry at a time like this!

I lowered my head, using my sleeves to wipe away the tears, feeling utterly devastated. However, my tears abruptly stopped when Parsa put his knife back in his pocket and swiftly removed his jumper, unceremoniously draping it over my head; the gesture both surprised and confused me. "Don't look; I'll finish this quickly."

I remained in my seated position; the world around me was enveloped in darkness as Parsa's jacket shielded my head. My hands hung limply at my sides, and I was filled with a profound sense of trepidation since I could only hear their voices and not see anything.

Yousef's voice filled the room as he began to beg once more, his words blending into a jumble of pleading and desperation.

The sharp sound of a slap echoed through the room, followed by another, each one causing Yousef's pleas to grow more frantic. A dull thud reverberated as Parsa's boot connected with Yousef's body, sending him sprawling to the floor. I could hear his pained groan and the rustling of fabric as he struggled to get up, only to be met with silence from Parsa, whose presence loomed like a dark shadow.

Parsa's voice echoed lowly in the room as he stood over Yousef's cowering form, his tone filled with menace. "How many bones are there in a human body, Yousef?"

Yousef groaned in pain, his voice filled with a mixture of pain and frustration. "I... don't know... You psycho!"

"Shall we count it then?" Parsa's voice resonated through the room like a cold, unsettling echo as I felt him squat down, sending shivers down my spine.