Chapter 32

After an hour of playing around, we began walking back to the car, my brain mulling over various assumptions. I glanced at Parsa who was trailing behind me and remarked, gesturing toward my damp clothes, "I'm completely drenched." A shiver ran through my body as a chilling breeze struck my bones.

Parsa walked past me and opened the back door, firmly stating, "Get in and take off your clothes."

I quickly jerked my gaze towards him, taken aback. "Why would I take off my c-clothes?!"

"Just do what I say," Parsa commanded as he pushed me into the backseat and shut the door on me, heading towards the trunk.

I anxiously surveyed the surroundings as I removed my completely drenched duffle coat and placed it on the seat beside me. A nervous murmur escaped my lips as I momentarily paused, "Are we going to do it in the car? But there are so many people here..."

"Wrap this around yourself instead," Parsa said as he opened the car door and handed me a beige throw blanket. "The windows are tinted; no one's gonna see you." With that, he closed the door once more and walked towards a middle-aged man selling grilled corn and hot drinks, engaging in conversation with him.

I shed my sweatshirt and pants, wrapping the blanket around myself and shivering slightly when a chill settled in. "It's... so damn cold..." I mumbled as I removed my shoes and drew my knees up to my chest, hugging them tightly for warmth.

Parsa returned with a white plastic tray containing two paper cups of black tea and two grilled corns, settling it in the back seat next to me. He then walked around the car again to turn on the engine and let the car's heater work to warm us. As Parsa took another turn around the car, starting to make me dizzy, he finally sat in the back seat with me.

He held one of the corns in front of me, offering it. "Here."

I cast a brief glance at him before grasping the corn and taking a bite. I guess we're not... I mentally scolded myself, lowering my eyes. Why would I even think about that possibility?

My train of thought was abruptly interrupted as Parsa gently caressed my cheek with his left hand and commented casually, "Your face is damn red from the cold."

My eyes darted towards him as a brief gasp of air escaped my lips, and I managed a nervous grin. "... My face blushes easily..."

Parsa's mischievous smirk appeared on his face as he continued to caress my cheek, his eyes narrowing. "What were you thinking just now?"

"Thinking about why you're not eating your corn..." I responded quickly, my shyness leading me to avert my gaze.

Parsa maintained the same expression, his tone laced with tease as he responded, "I feel your corn tastes better."

He knew fully well what I had been contemplating. My eyes flickered in response and a quick hiccup escaped me. "...I don't think... there would be any difference in taste..."

Parsa leaned closer and held my wrist, biting into my corn, all the while keeping his gaze locked on mine. I was frozen, experiencing a sense of Deja Vu. He then retreated, swallowed, and commented, "Yours has spices..."

I held the corn out towards him, feeling flustered. "Then you can eat this one and I'll eat yours-" I abruptly stopped myself as I pursed my lips together, my cheeks heating up with embarrassment. For God's sake!... The whole conversation sounds dirty!...

Parsa chuckled in response, his tone playful. "You're not as innocent as I thought."

I shot him a glare, scowling at him. "It's because you keep-" I attempted to explain my thoughts, but my words came to a halt as a phone ringtone filled the air, causing him to take out an old phone- that looked like the first mobile phone generation- from the pocket of his jumper jacket and gaze at the small green screen; his expression turned cold.