16: Family time, Yay!?

Sam's POV:It's been two days since the party

Sam's POV:
It's been two days since the party. I didn't drink, but I still feel like I have a hangover and the tiredness hasn't left me. Exams have also started. Adhi mentioned that he didn't do well on the math exam, but the other one went fine. It must have been hard for him to study since it's all Greek and Latin to him. I have two exams per day! I really hope we switch back before my semester exams start.

Right now, I'm on my way back home for a few days of rest. I'm going to meet his family today! We've gotten to know each other well. I told him all about my family, and he told me about his. The only problem is I have trouble remembering names. I hope I don't mess them up.

I quickly take out my phone and go to the notes. What? I can't afford to mess this up, so I noted the names as he was talking about them. Deepak and Dhruv are his best friends, and he has a sister named Lakshya. He calls her whatever name he feels like at the moment; at least that's what he said. So, I have options between Rat, Donkey, or Laks! Oh, and he showed me how to give his autograph just in case I need it!

I take a deep breath as I approach Adhi's house. The neighborhood is quiet, and the houses are neatly lined up with small gardens in front. I double-check my notes one last time before ringing the doorbell. Moments later, the door swings open, and I'm greeted by a woman with a warm smile who hugs me tightly. Mrs. Advita Krishnamurthi!

"Why didn't you tell us you were coming today? Wait here, don't come in!" She rushes back inside and comes back with a Drishti plate to ward off evil eyes, a traditional Indian practice to protect someone from bad luck or negative energy.

After she finishes, she leads me inside. I see Adhi's father sitting on the couch. Following Adhi's instructions, I touch his feet for blessings, but he quickly pulls me in for a hug and holds me tightly. Adhi did say his father is a huge fan of cricket and his dream was to see India holding the cup again! I mean, whose isn't?

"How are you doing, appa?" (Appa means father.)

"All good, Adhi! How's the team doing?" his father asks as we sit down. Adhi said his father always asks about the team first and never about him because he is part of the team-they are like family!

"All good, father! How's your knee-" Just as I was about to ask, someone hits my head from behind and hugs me. "You couldn't tell us you were coming home?" There's a sweet voice, and I turn to see Lakshya! She is so beautiful in the pictures and even more in person. To be honest, the whole family is good-looking. His mom has one of the sweetest smiles and the warmest eyes! Maybe it's the genes!

"Hello?" she shouts and then whispers, "Dreaming about your girl already?" she asks with a smirk, making me frown. But she continues, "So what did you bring for me?" She holds her hand out. Adhi told me this would happen, so I made sure to get something for her-a dress. I hope she likes it!

"Laks, here, I got this for you," I say, handing her the bags. I also give a few bags to his mother and father.

Her eyes light up, and she grins widely at the beige Chikankari kurti set. "Ooh, who helped you pick this out?" she asks, raising her eyebrow.

"What are you saying, I don't have good taste?" I look at her, mirroring her expression.

"Remind me of the last time you got me a good gift?" She puts her finger on her chin, pretending to think, while earning a light tap on her shoulder from her mom. We all just laugh, and she gives me another hug. "I love it! Thanks, bro!"

I smile and start talking. More like they keep asking me questions, and I answer them. Then they tell me to go get some rest. Then I realize he told me everything except where his room is! So, I just go up to the first floor and enter the first room. I quickly realize it is a bit too decorated, with all of Laks's photos hanging around. So, I go to the last room on the floor and get in, only to be surprised by the room.

It's like another world in there. The whole house is in light colors, mostly white, but this room is darker-it's black! Definitely his room. I enter and see a huge bed in the center and a shelf filled with all his trophies and books near the desk. There are two pictures: one of his family and the other of his team. A punching bag hangs in the corner. As I move to the balcony, I see a small seating area with a few bean bags. Then I move to his bathroom, which is also spacious.

It's impressive, but it's also overwhelming. I take a deep breath, trying to adjust to this new environment. This room feels like a sanctuary, a place where Adhi finds his peace. I hope I can live up to his family's expectations and make a good impression.

After taking it all in, I finally lay down on the bed, which is so comfortable! I message Adhi saying, "mission success!" and close my eyes. I don't even know when I slipped into my dreamland.

 I don't even know when I slipped into my dreamland

Hello people!!!

I hope you guys are enjoying it!!!!

Thank you for 1.2K reads! ❤️❤️

what do u guys think about this chapter?? any changes? improvements?
I would love to hear what you guys think!
And my exams are starting so there might be slow updates or very small chapters

THANKS FOR READING MY STORY<3❤️