20: The Dinner

Sam's POV:

Sam's POV:

As soon as Nitya and Adhi leave, I flop onto my bed, replaying the events of the day in my mind. Seeing Nitya after a long time was nice. Laks comes in, and we spend the rest of the day talking and watching movies.

It's been three weeks since Adhi's visit. We've been talking on calls regularly, sharing a lot of stuff. His semester exams are over, and he's on leave now. I think he's enjoying it. We did meet once at the beach; we had fun, took a long walk, and enjoyed some amazing food!

The sun was setting over the horizon, casting a warm glow over the beach as Adhi and I strolled along the shore.

"I'm glad we could finally meet up like this," Adhi said, kicking a pebble lightly.

"Yeah, me too. It's nice to get away from everything for a bit," I replied, feeling the cool sand under my feet. "So, how do you feel now that your exams are over?"

Adhi nodded, his eyes scanning the waves. "Relieved, mostly. I think I did okay, but I won't know until the results come out."

"You probably aced them," I said confidently, nudging him with my elbow.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence," he grinned.

We walked in companionable silence for a while, listening to the gentle lapping of the waves.

"You know," Adhi said suddenly, "I'm really glad we met. Even if it was under... unusual circumstances."

I laughed softly. "Yeah, who would've thought a body switch could lead to this?"

Adhi smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "Life works in mysterious ways."

As we reached a cluster of beach chairs, we settled down, watching the last rays of sunlight dance on the water.

"I brought something for you," Adhi said, reaching into his bag and pulling out a small box.

Curious, I took it from him and opened it to find a delicate bracelet with a small starfish-shaped charm.

"It's beautiful," I murmured, turning it over in my hands.

Adhi scratched the back of his neck, looking slightly bashful. "I thought it might remind you of today."

"It definitely will. Maybe I'll wear it when we switch back!" I said softly, touched by the gesture. "Thank you, Adhi."

He smiled warmly. "You're welcome."

We sat there, watching the sky turn shades of orange and pink, the bracelet glinting in the fading light.

"It's getting late," Adhi said eventually, breaking the peaceful silence. "I should probably get you home."

I nodded reluctantly, not quite ready to leave the tranquility of the beach. As we walked back to the car, I couldn't help but feel grateful for this unexpected connection, forged in the most unexpected of ways.